Chapter Fifteen: The New Detective

~???~

I walked down the alley holding my coat closer as I saw the familar gang and I could barely hide my disgust.

The leader of them, maybe ten years my senior grinned when he saw me "back already huh? Need some cash?" They asked.

I spat at them, and their face quickly changed to anger. He looked angry as he threw me against the walls of the dirty alley that reeked of urine.

"What was that for?" He boomed, echoing in the alleyway, his two goons looked at me. One was annoyed like his boss, the others eyes was filled with lust.

I bit my tongue, "we had a deal, don't you remember?" I reminded, making sure not to show weakness. I've played this game before, and I usually win.

"Well darling the price has gone up, can't protect your friend's *ss if you still owe us payment" the leader said as their hands were reaching closer towards my skirt.

I looked at them with dead serious eyes, "I gave you your payment, cash or otherwise, for over three years, our debt is gone" I barked barely hiding my annoyance.

"Interest baby" one of the goons called. I ignored them, "so doll face, want to pay back that debt and save your pathetic *ss friend's lives?" The leader asked.

I grinned, "oh yes, I will be paying everything back" I said seductively as the leader grinned widely.

His expression stopped and turned into one of shock as a large knife was now petruding from his stomach as he fell to the ground.

I looked at the other two with malice laced thickly in my eyes, "the deal was you would never hurt them~" I said cheerfully as the goons screamed as I came closer.

"Have mercy please!" One begged as I crouched down to there level, "I'm sorry, it's interest baby" I said.

The screams echoed deep into the night.

♤~♡~◇~♧

"Last night three bodies were found mutilated in an alleyway" the director said, passing out the files for us to look at.

"We normally would just have associated this as gang activity however" he continued. In a small corner of a photo was a person running away from the scene with bright red hair.

"Now as we know there's not a large amount of red heads, much less natural which is made it more convincing with this being found caught in a fence when a hooded figure was running away from the crime scene" he said and showed us in a plastic bag a ripped piece from a checkered bandana.

"This is from DICE" I said and the chief nodded, "thank you detective Saihara, yes and we're wondering if this means the killer is in fact a member of DICE" The chief asked.

I thought it over, "with the evidence the way it is, more than likely but the group DICE forbids murder that's one of the only things we know chief" I said.

"Times might be changing, that organization is growing stronger every day Saihara and the danger they are also increasing, if they are truly now going to kill this means we need to act now" the chief demanded.

"We need names, I know you have some under suspect and we need to keep the public calm so give them up" the chief said.

I bit my cheek, "I need more time" I said. The chief sighed, "was afraid you would say that, worry not then" he continued.

"Because I hired us some new help" he said, "and help arrived" the chief said happily as a women stepped through the door and my eyes widened.

It was Kyoko Kirigiri, we already knew each other from us working on cases before hand and she had even recently come to visit and know more about my case.

Which made some of my friends say we were dating, hilarious actually having to tell them we weren't.

Yet...

For some reason rather than ease this put fear into my heart.

"My name is Kyoko Kirigiri, and I'm here to join Detective Saihara on the phantom thief case" she explained and the crowd erupted in cheers.