Chapter Nineteen: The Thief and Me

The drive home was complicated to say the least. Having not only placed Ouma in the back of the car and climbing down that roof, by some miracle, but trying my best to avoid any police cars.

It was around one in the morning which was lucky because it made it easier getting Ouma inside of my house and once again into my bedroom. This was beginning to become a pattern sadly.

Now more than ever it was clear how sick Ouma was, with what I dont know but I'm surprised he even could last as long as he did on the roof.

A cold feeling wiped over me. If I had been late catching him...he could've....I ignored that thought as I tried to decide what to do.

Ok...he has a fever it seems...I think that some of what is happening to him is a cold, and the rest a serious medical condition. He must've hidden it for a while, maybe he got it the year I was gone?

...

He's works as the phantom thief and has a group of ten to watch over...no wonder he's gotten sick like this...

I was a bit awkward but I ended up getting off some of Ouma's phantom thief costume (thank Atua he had a shirt on along with some shorts underneath) and tucked him into bed as I grabbed a wrung out cold towel and placed it on Ouma's head.

He seemed to try and put it off subconsciously as I pressed it down more trying to get him go stop as he seemed to relax with my touch lowering down his guards.

Phew.

I left him to it as I headed away to start making some food for when he woke up, just a canned soup I picked up, along with grabbing some medicine I had purchased a week ago in the bathroom.

When I returned I gently woke up Ouma who tiredly barely opened their eyes, "Shiro....?" He asked dazed. I shook my head, "its Saihara, I need you to drink this ok? Itll make you feel better" I promised showing him the medicine as he nodded lazily taking it immediately falling back asleep.

Does he even realize what's going on?

I doubted it as I returned to the kitchen and continued making the soup. Ouma is the phantom thief...so I'm supposed to be arresting him....yet here I am making him soup and taking care of him...this is breaking so much protocol yet....

Hes my friend. And that's supposed to come first...right?

♤~♡~◇~♧

*KNOCK*

Who's there?

I walked over to the door and opened it to find three figures, they were all wearing normal clothing and all looking extremely tired and worried. One was a tall man with red hair curled and he was holding a red afro wig, the other a man around Momota's height with light pink hair swept into a hairstyle. My eyes widened at the sight of one of them.

"Y-You!" I cried out staring at the single small red headed girl.

The one who tried to kill me.

"Where is he?" She immediately asked getting straight onto buisness inviting herself along with the other two guys inside the apartment.

"Hes fine, can you answer my questions instead?" I insisted. The three eyed each other nervous as the seeming leader sat down on the couch legs on the couch criss crossed. The other two followed though their position wasn't nearly as childish.

"Who are you three?" I asked, I already had an idea but better safe than sorry, "think you know who I am detective" the girl responded, "we're a small part of DICE, though you won't get anything out of us about the rest" she said.

"Names?" I asked. The girl sighed, "last names dont matter do they? Call me Chi" the girl requested.

I took a deep breath, "what's wrong with Ouma, and why did you try to kill me?" I asked. The girl shifted uneasy, "so you remember that huh?" She asked.

"It would be hard to forget nearly getting murdered" I told her. She sighed, "Kichi is really really sick...I...I tried to kill you because I-"

*CREAK*

Everyone in the room turned around in shock as Ouma having a blanket draped around his shoulder stared at the Chi girl with rage and shock. Chi stared back scared.

"Chiasa...what did you f*cking do....?"