𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆

╔════════════════╗

𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒕

╚════════════════╝

SYRETIA watched as Vindicatio sprinted up the grand staircase of the castle -- Talise and Odessa right behind him. Moki and Chaska took off down each of the two wings to search for any trace of Salvatore.

It was sickeningly clear to her as to why he was so calm, unphased, and unbelievably helpful while he was captured. He planned on escaping all along, he knew he would be able to.

Syretia took a step forward to follow after Vindicatio but a warm hand gripped her upper arm and tugged her back. She glanced over her shoulder to see Darrin shaking his head.

"It's his fight, we have no business in it," he stated.

"What if he needs our help?"

"You being there won't help him, you'll just be a distraction. And even if he does end up needing help he has Talise and Odessa. Let's go help Chaska and Moki find Salvatore, we'll be more helpful that way. Chaska looked like he was about to be put six feet under." She looked up the staircase once more before turning back to Darrin.

"You're right," Syretia nodded in agreement as she took the lead and went down the right-wing that Chaska had disappeared down. 

VINDICATIO sprinted down the corridor, silver sword still in hand

VINDICATIO sprinted down the corridor, silver sword still in hand. He could hear the light footsteps of Odessa and Talise not far behind. He sniffed the air catching the trail left by Vincenzo and his mother. With every step their scents grew stronger, he pushed through a pair of fastened doors. An empty throne room was revealed. He slowed his pace and looked around. He could sense Odessa and Talise behind him, and when he glanced back he saw that they too were looking around, perplexed expressions on their faces.

Vindicatio sniffed the air again. Their scents? Vanished. He couldn't smell a single trace.

"Work of a witch," Odessa spat as she stepped out from behind him, her long dark hair was fastened into two braids that trailed down her back. Vindicatio felt the sword get wrenched from his otherwise iron grip.

"Leave it to me," Talise growled out, the sword now in her hand. She closed her eyes and did a small chant before lifting her arm wielding the sword, recoiling and launching it into the wall to the left of them, embedding it in the marbled material. Vindicatio and Odessa gave her an odd look. "I'm not just a huntress, I dabble in spiritual sorcery as well. Come on."

She waltzed over to the sword and twisted it, the wall swinging back towards her, "it's a minor locating enchantment," she further explained before stepping into the passageway. Vindicatio and Odessa followed close behind, the dimly lit passageway was coated in dust and cobwebs, it hadn't been used in years.