𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆 | ⚠️

╔════════════╗

𝑪𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓

╚════════════╝

They were running, hand in hand, jumping over fallen logs and roots protruding from the ground. 

"Where are we going, Vindicatio?" Syretia asked from behind him, her hand firmly grasped by his larger one. 

"You'll see soon enough," he shot her a grin over his shoulder. A few nights ago they had made up and this afternoon Vindicatio was going to show Syretia what it meant to be cherished by someone like him. He was going to bring light into her eyes by nightfall. He was going to show here that he meant what he had said about not only telling her that he was sorry but showing her as well.

He was going to show her what the woods had to offer, what wildlife had in store. He had come across the spot the day before while he had been on a run. He wanted to share the sereneness with her. He didn't know what kind of grand gestures a human would like so, despite what he had said, he followed his instincts. 

The sun was beginning to set when they reached the spot, a golden hue was cast across the field of wildflowers that lead them to the spot that Vindicatio had led her to.  Syretia looked around in awe at the array of colorful flowers and the willow trees that swayed in the breeze. Vindicatio released her hand as he took a step forward to brush some willow branches to the side. Syretia stepped passed him and the sight before her left her speechless. It was a pool of mountain spring water that had been carried down by the waterfall that was upstream a few hundred feet. The water was crystal clear and looked inviting, she couldn't help herself as she crouched down and dipped her hand into the water feeling the coolness glide through her fingers. It was refreshing. She turned to the side to see Vindicatio cupping his hands together to gather some water before he lifted it to his mouth and took a sip. 

"The water is so clean and clear," Syretia commented, as Vindicatio shook his hands dry. 

"It has almost a sweet taste to it," he replied. "What do you think of the spot?"

"It's very peaceful, the lighting from the sun makes it seem almost magical," Syretia slipped off her shoes and tossed them to the side. Vindicatio watched as she rolled up her pant legs until they reached her knees.  Syretia stepped into the water, the rocky river bottom was smooth and pleasant against her bare feet. Vindicatio did the same before he too walked into the water. 

"Do you dare me to jump in?" Syretia asked.

"Why?"

"Because I have no other reason to jump in unless you dare me," she smiled up at him. 

"Alright, then I dare you to jump in," Vindicatio smiled back.

"We still need to practice that smile of yours," Syretia laughed as she sloshed through the water to a boulder that stuck out of the water. "Think it's deep enough?" Vindicatio walked into the water further until he reached the spot directly in front of the boulder, the water reaching just above his hips.

"It doesn't seem like it," Syretia commented, about to move away from the boulder. 

"Jump anyway."