VI

Micah observed Elias' behaviour the entire day. He was silent in the class, simply looking out the window and not paying attention to whatever the teacher was on about. In lunch, he didn't participate in the conversation that was going on. His friends didn't seem to notice, but Micah did even if he was sitting six tables away. In the hallways, he kept his head down, and his hands tightly held the strap of his bag, turning his knuckles white.

Micah knew exactly why Elias was behaving this way.

"He looks off today." Raphael pointed out. The first thing Micah did after the pack was done running during the full moon, was tell Raph exactly what Jensen did. The beta looked like he was ready for murder, but he had always been better at controlling his anger than Micah.

"Probably because he saw a big bad wolf last night." Micah said bitterly, before softly adding, "He must've been so scared."

"Talk to him after school." Raphael advised.

"I will."

Elias was quiet even during the ride back home. He turned the radio up as soon as he got in the car, not even giving Micah a chance to start a conversation. Once they reached Elias' place, he got out of the car without a word. Even though Micah had been coming over every day after school, Elias always asked him verbally. But he didn't ask today, yet Micah still followed him inside like a lost puppy.

"So, are you gonna tell me what's been bothering you?" Micah asked once the two of them settled on Elias' bed.

"You're going to think I'm crazy." Elias muttered, he was looking down and picking on his nails.

"Try me." Micah took Elias' hand in his own, trying to get the boy to look up and make eye contact.

"Okay," Elias whispered, finally looking up at Micah with his baby blue eyes, "Last night Jensen took me to this forest for a run. He had to rush so I told him I'd be okay staying alone and going back on my own. While I was running.. I heard this growl from behind me and I fell and when I looked back, there was a wolf there."

"You saw a wolf?" Micah questioned, acting as he was surprised.

"Yeah, and it wasn't a normal wolf. It was huge. Wolves aren't supposed to be that big. And it was black with these red eyes and.. and.. it was so big, Micah."

"You must've been terrified."

"That's the.. that's the weird thing. I wasn't. I wasn't scared at all. I know this sounds weird and I'm not trying to act like a cool guy who's not afraid of anything, but I honestly felt no fear. It was as if I knew it wouldn't hurt me."

"That's-" Micah was cut off my Elias.

"Weird," Elias sighed, "I know. But that's the least of what's bothering me. I think my mind is playing tricks on me."

"And why do you think that?" Micah asked.

"Wolves aren't that big, Micah. I googled as soon as I got home. Maybe I was tired and it was dark so I misjudged the size. Or maybe it was some other psychological thing. I don't know."

"It's understandable if you were confused. And you were running, right? You must've been exhausted. It's okay if you falsely interpreted its size." Micah rubbed circles on Elias' hand with his thumb.

"I guess. Honestly? I would've believed it was a hallucination. But I touched it. And I remember how it felt when I did. The fur.. it was so soft and smooth. I can never forget that, and it's something my mind can't make up." Elias stated.

"Really?" Micah asked.

"Yeah. That wolf was the most breathtaking creature I've ever seen."

~~~