XXIII

Elias had been feeling different ever since he and Micah mated. A good type of different.

A great type of different.

After last night, he didn't want to leave from the bed at all. He had almost made up his mind about staying in with Micah the entire day when his mom knocked on his door at 7 in the morning.

She walked in to see both the boys cuddled up and naked. After her initial scream of shock, she calmed down and told them to get ready for school. Before Elias could even begin to protest, she glared at him and narrowed her eyes.

"I'm happy for you both, but werewolf or human, I don't care. You're not missing anymore days of school. Get ready lads, breakfast's on the counter." Victoria had said.

Elias was giddy and smiley, and his steps had an extra skip in it, like Yvette had pointed out. Kat and Dom were smirking the entire time, they immediately knew what had happened and was amused at the fact that even their human friend could pick up on the sudden change.

Dom had finally stopped being afraid of Micah, the soon to be Alpha had to reassure him a hundred times that he had forgiven him and that he wasn't going to punish him.

At first, Elias didn't know how to tell their friends about him being a werewolf now too.

He didn't want to give out too many details, but they were close enough to deserve atleast some bit of the truth. So he settled on telling them about the attack, but not anything else. He told them that he shifted for the first time alone with Micah because he wasn't comfortable doing it with anyone else, and they understood.

Elias froze when Kat asked him what colour his wolf was, before pursuing his lips and saying that it was a mix of brown and black fur. Dom was excited and was already planning on going on runs together, and Elias didn't know how to burst his bubble by telling him that he could never show them his wolf. So instead, he just nodded.

This was all a while ago, when he had gone to school for the first time after having his first turn. Right now, the focus was on Elias' sudden shift in mood. Eventually, Yvette caught on to the sly remarks and smirks.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed, "You had sex, didn't you? Yes! You totally got laid last night!"

The three werewolves laughed at her innocence. She wasn't wrong, but it was still far away from the actual truth. Elias hadn't just had sex with Micah, he had mated with him. The two boys were now bonded for life.

~~~

After school, the two mates drove back to Elias' house. The door wasn't even properly closed before their clothes started to come out. After a repeat of last night, and the morning, and the lunch break when they sneaked off behind the bleachers, the two boys grew a little tired and were simply resting next to each other, all tangled up in one another's arms.

As Micah was drawing circles on Elias' arm, he was thinking about how he's gonna break the news to his parents. He hadn't been home ever since he left for their date. He stayed the night with Elias, went to school directly from there and then came back to his mate's place where he was right now.

Thanks to Raphael for bringing him a change of clothes or he would be stinking of sex and sweat, not that he wasn't already.

Raphael was happy that his best friend had finally bonded with his mate, but something felt off. Micah didn't know whether he was just imagining it but there was something on Raphael's mind that he wasn't speaking. He tried to push his future beta to speak up, but Raph kept changing the topic over and over again.