XXV

hello! this is just to let you know that I will be changing the title of this book (Embracing The Wolf) to Under A Paper Moon. thank you for the 11k views! enjoy reading! x

***

"Hey Jeremiah, it's me." Micah said. He could only hear breathing from the other end, so he repeated "Hello?"

The call hung up as soon as he said hello for the second time. He stared at his phone in confusion, same as the other boys.

"Something's not right," Jensen muttered.

"Oh really? I didn't know." Micah said sarcastically. Elias glared at his mate. It wasn't Jensen's fault that he was the one that figured out who had attacked Elias. And it wasn't his fault either that it turned out to be Micah's elder brother.

"Dude, what did I do? Unbelievable." Jensen said, looking slightly pissed.

"You-" Micah was cut off when his phone started ringing. It was an unknown number, he shared a look with the other boys before he picked up the call, putting it on speaker, "Hello?"

"Micah? It's me, Jeremiah."

"Jer? Whose number is this?" Micah asked.

"I'm calling you from a payphone. I'm in trouble, Micah. I'm neck deep in shit."

"What's going on? Tell me!" Micah raised his voice slightly.

"I don't even know where to start.. you're going to hate me. I just.. I just want to know one thing first.. is Elias okay? Is he.. is he alive?"

"He's alive. He's okay. What happened, Jeremiah?" Micah asked again, Jeremiah let out a deep breath, as if in relief before he started speaking again.

"I was on my way to the airport when I noticed the cab was going the wrong way. I said something about it and then it stopped and there were so many people. They had weapons and they were threating me and our family and I.. I didn't know what to do. They took me and they stabbed Elias and they made me bite him. I'm so sorry, Micah. I didn't know what to do. I have no clue who they are but they're dangerous. I know that for sure."

"Where are you now?" Micah asked.

"I somehow managed to escape from them. I couldn't come home because I didn't want put you guys in danger. Plus I.. I thought I had killed Elias. I couldn't face you after that. So I hid at Jared's old cabin in the woods. I was staying there when they found me again. They attacked me and tried to take me but I ran away again. Please forgive me, Micah, please. I never wanted to hurt you or your mate."

"Hey, Jer," Micah's voice softened at how broken his brother sounded, "It's okay. I'm okay and so is Elias. He didn't die, he's a werewolf now."

"You have no clue how happy that makes me. I couldn't live myself if I.. if I had killed your mate. No matter the circumstances."

"Just come home, Jer, we'll handle this." Micah pleaded.

"I can't.. I'm hiding out at an old warehouse outside town. I'm sure they're still looking for me."

"Where are you? I'll come get you. They can't harm you at home. There are too many of us." Micah said with determination.

"I can't put your pack at risk."

"It's our pack, brother, not just mine. You may have left us but we haven't left you. We're your family," Micah paused, "Just tell me where you are."

"Okay," Jeremiah said before he gave the address of the warehouse where he was hiding. He hung up after that, and Micah sat down on Jensen's bed, holding his head in his hands. Everyone was silent for a few minutes, trying to process the conversation that had just taken place.