Chapter 16

Aurora POV

When I eventually calmed down, I pulled myself away from Xander. His face fell when I pulled back from him. Leaning closer, I gently placed a kiss on his cheek, "Thank you, for calming me."

He smiled brightly at the show of affection, "Always, sweetheart."

I give him a small smile before turning my attention to the soaked room. Everything in the room was drenched in water from the storm I had created.

"How bad was it?" I asked, my voice soft. I was unsure whether I really wanted to know about the damage I had caused after one nightmare. My eyes found the crushed dresser again as my thoughts went to hurting Xander. Guilt racked me.

"Aurora, I'm fine," Xander tells me again as he turns my head to look at him, "Trust me, it wasn't the first time I've been thrown into a dresser and it probably won't be the last time either," he smiles at me as he tries to lighten the mood, "As for the storm, it was pretty severe. Have you ever done that before?"

"I've made it rain before," I tell him, "But not on this scale before. How big was it?"

His eyes have a far-off look before he refocuses on me, "Apparently the storm was only around the house. Maybe a half mile wide," he tells me. I give him a questioning look before he points to his temple, "Mindlink," he explains, "What about in your sleep?"

I shake my head, "Unless you count finals week, I've never performed spells when I was asleep. I didn't even know that I could," my voice cracking at the end. I wasn't only a risk to those around me during the day, but I apparently was a danger even in my sleep.

We sat in silence for a moment as he thought over that, "Do you want to talk about your nightmare?" he asks me.

I shook my head. I definitely was not ready to talk about my dream with Xander. As calm and safe as he made me feel, I still just met him. I couldn't lose sight of the fact that I don't completely know him yet. I'm just not ready to share some of my worst memories with someone who in all honesty is still a stranger, mate or not.

He nods his head in understanding, "You don't have to tell me now, but know that you can," he says. I nod in agreement. I may not be ready right now, but I will be eventually and my heart is telling me that he will definitely be the one I open up to, "How about you go put on some dry clothes and I'll clean up a bit, then we'll get some food."

"Okay," I gently get up from the bed, careful of my still injured leg. Moving to the closet, I careful peel off my soaked clothes before changing into a black tank and a pair of jean shorts. As I slipped on the clothes, I noticed they were a perfect size. Not bothering with socks or shoes, I made my way back to the room.

Xander was standing by the bed, grabbing all the sheets, "Xander," I called out his name. He stopped what he was doing to turn to my voice. His green eyes held mine as he gave me his full attention, "Whose clothes are these?" I ask him, pointing to what I'm wearing.

I notice his gaze is running over my figure as his eyes darken, "Huh?" he snaps his eyes back to mine, before running his hand through his hair. His muscles bulged against his wet t-shirt, showing off his incredibly muscular chest, "They're yours. I got them for you when you first got here."

"And how did you know my sizes?" I ask, raising my eyebrow at him.

He gives me a guilty look before a smirk crosses his face. I let out a gasp as I throw the wet clothes I had in my hand at his head. He dodges out of the way, laughing at my attempt.

"I promise I didn't see anything, sweetheart," he tells me. He walks over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he continues to chuckle at my reaction, "I got your sizes from the nurse who dressed your wounds and changed you."

Still a bit upset with him, I give him a small pout. He laughs again and I swear I want to stop time. His laugh is like melted chocolate.

"That's not funny," I tell him, trying not to smile. His smile is completely contagious and it's taking everything I have not to give in.

"Of course not," he smirks before picking me up without warning. I grip onto his shoulders as he makes his way out of the room and down the stairs.

"Xander, what about the mess from the storm?"

"We'll just toss it all," he says nonchalantly before seating us both on the couch again. He places a sweet kiss on my lips, making me completely forget about what we were talking about before pulling away, "I have a question for you."

"Alright," I say, the apprehension over answering any unwanted questions clear in my tone.

"You don't have to look so scared, sweetheart. I promise it's not anything too bad," he says, gently rubbing circles into my hips from where he's holding me, "I just wanted to ask about elementalists."

I give him a small nod to ask away.

"I know a little about witches and their history, but I've never heard of an elementalist," he starts, his first question implied.

I nod my head again, "That's because it's quite uncommon. Centuries ago, elementalists were sought after by covens and humans alike. The power to control all four elementals could give a coven superiority over another or change an outcome of war. The council found that they gave too much of an advantage, so they had them hunted and killed."

"Then how are you one?"

"My great, great, great something was one. She kept it hidden, so the gene was passed down. After the witch trials in the seventeenth century, witches needed an advantage against the wolves and the humans, so the council lifted the ban. Elementalists were allowed to practice and since we still are witches and we can practice normal magic, we focused less on the specialty and more on being a normal witch," I tell him.

"So, you didn't learn about elemental magic from your coven?" he asks.

"No. My father taught me," I tell him, strangely finding it easy to open up and talk to him.

"Is your father still alive?" he asks.

A frown takes over my face as I gently shake my head, "No. He died almost four years ago."

He cups my face with his hand as he looks into my eyes, "I am sorry, Aurora. Will you tell me about him?"

I nod before telling Xander the story of when my father first taught me a water spell. He then told me one of him and his sister pulling pranks on their parents. We sat on the couch for what seemed like hours just talking.

We shared stories back and forth, constantly laughing. When we nearly ran out of stories, we started asking each other questions, starting with favorites to deep emotional questions. I told him things that I had never told anyone before.

I never knew I could be so open with someone.

But with Xander, it just felt right.