Chapter 22

Aurora POV

After Xander left for patrol, I stood at the kitchen sink deep in thought. I never thought I could trust someone enough to share my deepest thoughts and memories with them.

But then I never could have anticipated Xander. When we talked, it was like I could trust him with anything. I never even wanted to hold back or lie to him. He made me feel safer than I ever thought possible.

I've only spent a week with him and I was ready to spend eternity with him. I have no doubt I'll be hopelessly in love with him by the end of the week.

Running up the stairs, I quickly changed and prepared for the day as I kept thinking about Xander.

Going through his memories made me feel like we connected in a way I never had been with anyone before. It felt even more intimate than when we mated.

Knowing if I kept with my train of thought, Xander was going to tease me about it later. I needed to find a way to block him before I completely embarrassed myself with him.

I heard a soft knock on the door, drawing me from my thoughts. Quickly walking back down the stairs, I made my way to the foyer and opened the front door.

I smiled brightly as my eyes connected with the girl standing in the doorway, "Morning Ivy."

"Morning?" she raises her eyebrows, "It's not even close to being morning anymore."

Biting my lip, I gave her a sheepish smile. I guess the morning did kind of escape me after the sharing. I just couldn't get what Xander showed me out of my head.

"I guess you're right," I laughed, "Come on in."

Closing the door behind her, we both walk into the family room and plop onto the couch. She seemed more open than before, and I was happy at the idea that she might truly open up and one day become friends.

"So I know that I said I was going to help train you to better control your power, but I need a favor first," I start nervously.

"What kind of favor?" she drew her eyebrows together.

"The kind where you teach me how to block Xander from my mind," I smile as innocently as I can.

She rolls her eyes, "I really shouldn't do that, but-"

"But," I smile.

"I couldn't get Hayden to tell me how to block him for nearly three weeks."

"If Xander gets his way, he'll never teach me," I complain.

"Which is why I'll help you, at least with the general blocking," she agrees.

"General blocking?"

"He won't be able to hear your generic everyday thoughts without actively trying to listen," she explains to me.

"I will take what I can get," I tell her, "I would just like to have some sort of privacy."

She lets out a small laugh at my words, "You are mated to a wolf. Privacy doesn't exist with them," she laughs, "But, I'll help you to pretend."

I smile brightly at that, "Great. So, what do I do?"

"Okay, do you feel movement in the back of your mind?" she asks, "Like someone is sitting in your head?"

"Yeah," I told her.

"That's the mate link," she explains, "Picture a wall blocking that off from your mind."

Doing what she said, I stacked a wall in the back of my mind. The constant buzz I had been feeling earlier started to become blocked off in my mind.