Four ~ Catarina

Magnus.

"Catarina!" Magnus greeted his old friend with a tight hug. "How long has it been?"

"Way too long" she smiled and looked behind Magnus to scan his apartment, seemingly confused.

"I thought you might have outlived one of your horrible design ideas.. but everything seems normal."

"Why would you think that? .. And excuse me? Horrible?" he threw his hands in the air and acted offended.

"Because on the call, I got the impression that you didn't want to meet at your place, so I just thought.."

"Oh you must have imagined that feeling" Magnus brushed it off with his hands and then gestured towards his minibar. "A drink?" Luckily Catarina let the topic go and just said: "Of course"

-
She was half through a story about a drunk seelie who had told her a lot about the Seelie Queen's preferences when it comes to love, when that happened, what Magnus had feared.

A scream, loud enough to reach Catarina's ears came down from the basement. Magnus immediately regretted his choice of not putting a silence spell on the basement. He had been scared Catarina would notice the magic around, she was a Warlock, after all.

"Did you hear that?" she asked.

"No" Magnus said, hoping Alexander would shut up. "So.. what else did she tell you?" he tried to pick up the conversation again "Is the queen into girls?" He had always been curious about that.

 what else did she tell you?" he tried to pick up the conversation again "Is the queen into girls?" He had always been curious about that

"Well .. she.. there it was again" Catarina said and stopped talking once again.

"Another drink?" Magnus asked, desperate to distract her.

"HELP ME! I'M DOWN HERE!"

The scream was so clear now that Magnus couldn't deny it any longer. Catarina raised an eyebrow and looked at him expectantly. She looked like a mother who had realized that her son hadn't cleaned his room, but had just shoved all the stuff under his bed.

"Magnus..." she said slowly "I'm just going to ask you this once. Is there someone imprisoned in your basement?" Why did she have to know him so well.

"Noo.." Magnus said slowly. He saw the look on her face and gave in. "Fine, there might be someone in my basement.." She still looked at him and waited.

"..imprisoned" he added.

His best friend closed her eyes and sighed tensely. "Please.." she begged "Tell me it's not a Shadowhunter"

"If you don't want me to tell you that .. then I'm not going to do that."

"Magnus!" she said and he could see how she started to lose her temper.

"Fine! It's a Nephilim."

"Who?" she didn't seem like she wanted to hear the answer.

"Alec Lightwood." Magnus mumbled.