Fourteen ~ Cabin

Magnus.

Magnus couldn't believe what Alec had said. Magnus Bane. He would have never imagined that the sound of his name would hurt him so much. He tried to calm down, burry his feelings but it hadn't helped.

When someone had yelled "He is right there" he had stood frozen for a few seconds. Then he realized that his spell had worn off. This hadn't happen to him in a very long time, last time when he was eleven in fact. His emotions had been so strong that they had impaired his magic.

He couldn't deny his strong feelings for Alexander anymore. Whatever, it didn't matter.

Now, he could just hope that Alec's stupid brother Jace was going to tell the shadowhunters that their only chance was to hand Raphael over

He dragged Alec through the forest without saying a word. Alec followed him without complaining. He couldn't look into his hazel eyes. In fact, he never wanted to see them again, ever. That's not true. Correction, he knew he couldn't bear to see them ever again.

"Where are we going?" Alec asked after a while, he sounded scared. That's right Nephilim! Be scared! Magnus decided to ignore him and kept walking.

It was already midday and the sun burned down at their heads when they finally reached the end of the forest and found themselves on a large and beautiful field with colourful flowers blossoming on it. There was a small wooden cabin on the other side.

The cabin was Magnus's. But he was rarely there, just for scrabble evenings with his friends once a year.

Jace must have unfrozen by now, but he wouldn't look for them. He couldn't know that they were still nearby. After all, Magnus was a warlock they could have gone anywhere.

They reached the small wooden house and Magnus opened the door. Alec walked hesitantly inside and Magnus followed after he had checked the area for observers. All seemed clear. No one would find them here, it was in the middle of nowhere. And Alec's tracking rune was still weakened by his curse.

He felt emotionally tired, he just wanted to get Raphael back and escape Alec. It couldn't take more than a day for the Lightwoods to reach out to him again.

"You take the guest room" he said to Alec without looking at him. "I'm going to sleep on the couch. Tomorrow you'll be back home."

He sat on the couch and pretended that Alec wasn't there. He checked his phone and saw a few more texts from Catarina. He didn't really want to read her blustering messages, but it was better than do nothing. Acknowledging Alec wasn't an option.

Cat
Magnus. I am at you apartment, where are you? We have to talk!
Magnus, I called. I'm freaking out. Are you okay?
There are shadowhunters in your loft, Magnus! What is going on?!
They know what you did. They're looking for you! Where are you? Tell me!
It's out of control, just let the Lightwood go and leave the city for a while.
I don't want to see you in jail!