Chapter 11

The wedding is nearing and Chaeyoung is freaking out over the phone that Jungkook has yet to secure himself a good suit. "I swear I forgot. But, I do have a suit I can wear, I don't think they're that bad."

"But I want you to have something new," she whines on the other line. "Also, I think I saw something that's going to suit you."

"Oh..." Jungkook smirks. "So I have been on your mind a lot for you to think of what will or will not suit me."

She's silent for a second. Jungkook can vividly imagine how flushed her face is at the time.

"Don't flatter yourself," she says with a scoff that sounds far from being a serious scoff. "I just don't want my date to look like a 5 in front of my ex. If you're attending the wedding with me, you gotta look like a 10."

"Sure, whatever you say, sweetheart," he laughs.

"S- sw-?" she pauses and is silent again, longer this time and there's only a soft sound of her breathing. "I don't trust your fashion sense too," she awkwardly adds and Jungkook tries not to laugh out loud.

It doesn't offend him in any way, he just finds it so hilarious how she's putting this much effort to get herself out of this situation. He imagines those naturally puffed up cheeks of hers slowly going pink before they go red. He remembers when he softly pressed a kiss on her cheek, the warmth of it. Maybe too warm, even.

Jungkook doesn't always dress to impress. Heck, he doesn't even remember the last time he did that. Probably when he was still employed. Chaeyoung's harmless insult of his fashion sense doesn't even affect him emotionally. He doesn't care much of what people think. He favors his comfort over anything else when it comes to the clothes he's going to be wearing. But he does have some stylish outfits saved for rare days.

When he decides to show up in front of the department store that they've agreed to meet, wearing a simple outfit but knows so well that he looks dashing in it, it really is not to impress anyone including her. At least, that's what he thinks.

Maybe despite the insult doesn't seem like she really meant it, he still wants to assure her that he will not let her down.

Chaeyoung doesn't really hide the shock on her face when he approaches her, wearing a black leather jacket over a black shirt paired with ripped navy-blue jeans. He had considered on not leaving his bucket hat, but eventually he did, opting to roughly push his hair to the back, fully exposing his forehead this time.

"What are you wearing?" she breathes.

Jungkook chuckles. "An outfit that doesn't fit your taste."

She looks up at him in confusion. "I never said that."

"I thought you said," he makes an air quote, "I don't trust your fashion sense."

She visibly gulps. "That was obviously a joke," she forces out a nervous laughter that makes a smile so threatening to pull on his face.

"Oh, so you're saying you love my fashion sense?" He raises a brow. "Do you like what I'm wearing?"

"That's not what I said," she says with a scrunch of her face and runs her gaze down his outfit with a shrug. "It's fine, I guess."

"You trust my fashion sense," he says as a statement.

"Maybe," she shrugs once more before she lets out a soft grunt. "Come on, let's not waste time."

"Do I still look like a 5?"

"Probably 7."

"The way you looked at me when I first arrived tells me that I'm at least a 9," Jungkook smirks.