Chapter 19

(Don't forget to read the Author's Note at the bottom!)

»»————- // ————-««

Chaeyoung gently pushes Jungkook's hand off her waist once they're out of the hall where the wedding and the reception take place. She leans her back on the wall, shoulders slumped as she looks away. The frown resurfaces on her face.

"Why did you do that?" she asks.

Jungkook is standing right in front of her. He takes a moment to respond. "I had to do what I needed to do."

It's part of his job, she thinks. He's just doing what he's paid to do. Act like her boyfriend. And he did it naturally, just like how he wanted.

"Right," she mutters bitterly. Chaeyoung pushes herself off the wall and straightens up. "Well, I've attended the wedding, so your job is done. Thanks for not bailing out. You're free now."

She exhales sharply as she tries to leave but stops short when Jungkook catches her finger. It's a very gentle hold on her index finger. She doesn't have to snatch her hand away to free it from him. She can just continue to walk and her finger can easily slip away from his two fingers. But she stops herself and she doesn't know for what.

"Are we not going to talk about what happened in there?" Jungkook asks.

She scowls before turning around to face him. "I already thanked you. What else do you need? You want to gossip about him?" she spits bitterly.

Jungkook's brows are furrowing deeply at her, slowly letting her finger free and she hates that part of her that begs for him to take her finger back into his hold. Take her whole hand, maybe both of her hands. Or maybe take her entire body into his embrace.

"I was not referring to that," he sighs before looking straight into her eyes. "I don't even want to talk about him. Heck, I don't give a damn about him."

"So what do you want?"

Jungkook stares at her long with his forehead creasing. "You want to explain to me why you walked away from me earlier?"

Chaeyoung shrugs. "I don't know. I probably wanted to bump into Chanyeol," she replies sarcastically. When Jungkook stays silent, she sighs heavily. "Look, your job is done. So, I don't think-"

"Are you upset with me?" he asks softly.

Chaeyoung exhales through her nose and shrugs.

"Is it something that I said?"

She shrugs.

"Come on, talk to me, babe."

She shoots him a glare. "Don't call me babe," she says, the word 'babe' falling off her mouth like it disgusts her.

"Why can't I call you babe?" he lifts an eyebrow.

Her eyes are narrowed. "Seriously? Why? Because we're- we're not anything! We were fake dating and now that the wedding is over, Chanyeol and everyone else except for my friends are convinced that I'm not a loser, your job is done, and so is the fake relationship!"

Chaeyoung spins on her heels and begins to step away from him. Once again, she stops when Jungkook blocks her with one single arm. She groans in frustration as she pushes his arm from blocking her way before stomping away furiously.

"Are you being serious right now?" he asks as he matches her steps.

"Oh, great. Now it's one more person who doesn't take me seriously," she throws her hands in the air. "Everyone does think that my life is a whole joke. Because I'm just a big joke."