Chapter 15

Jasmine's POV

I walked down the hallways of the school. It was raining heavily. The hallways were deserted for some reason. I took a look at my watch and realised it was 8 in the morning. I frowned. People should've been roaming around by now. Was school closed today?

As I kept walking, I realised the hallways were stretching far and far. I started panicking. Where was the next turn? I walked faster and faster. At some point I started running.

I ran and ran.

Suddenly I tripped on something and fell face down. My head crashed on the floor and I could feel something wet on my temple. Bringing a hand to the side of my head, I realised what it was. Blood.

I screamed as I felt my hair pulled backwards. Instinctively I closed my eyes. When I opened them, I felt a shiver of terror run down my spine.

He was crouched down to my eye level, with a fistful of my hair in his hand. His once handsome face was now pulled into an evil sneer. His cold blue eyes looked at me with so much distaste I cringed with fear. I looked behind him and gasped. All of them were here. All of his group was here.

"Let's have some fun. What do you say, babydoll?"

I gasped and sat straight up on my bed. I was sweating buckets and my whole body was shaking. I pulled the sheets closer to my body as if they were somehow magically going to save me from those demons. Demons of my past.

I was in that position for a long time. When I finally composed myself, I got off the bed. It wasn't like I was going to get any sleep again.

Slipping on my hoodie over my pyjamas, I went towards the window. Coming out, I climbed the ladder and went up to the roof.

My safe haven.

I laid down on the roof. It was a bit wet because of the light drizzle in the evening. But I didn't mind. The wetness cooled my back, and in turn cooled my entire system.

I laid down there and gazed at the stars.

I don't know how long I was there but I slowly drifted off to sleep. The last thing I remembered is being carried in someone's arms. I smiled slightly and snuggled closer to the person's chest in my half conscious state.

I couldn't stay mad at him.

Chris's POV

I laid Jasmine on my bed and pulled the covers over her. I looked at her face. Her eyes had sunken in and her face had paled. She looked like she just came out of a zombie movie. I pushed her hair away from her face and kissed her forehead.

I realised I could do this only because she was alseep. If she woke up, she would've a fit. God knows how upset she is still with me.

I decided to think about this in the morning. I got on the bed beside her and slowly snaked my arm around her waist. I pulled her to my chest and buried my face in the crook of her neck. I sniffed and almost moaned. She smelled so wonderful I would've kissed the hell out of her.

Shut the fuck up perverted mind!

I pushed the dirty thoughts away and closed my eyes. I slowly drifted off to sleep, holding Jasmine in my arms.

I woke up the next morning with shuffling near me. I realised what it was and opened my eyes. My eyes met the big beautiful hazel eyes of the girl who wouldn't leave my mind. She was  staring at me. As soon as she saw me stare back, she averted her gaze and blushed. I chuckled.

"Can you let go?" She asked in a tiny voice. My smile faded. This was the moment I so wasn't ready for.

After Jasmine stormed out of my house yesterday, I had decided to give her space to let her steam off her anger. But I couldn't sleep at night, thinking she was upset with me. I had opened my window to look into her room and found her window open. I instantly realised where she could be. I climbed up the ladder and found her sleeping on the roof.

As soon as she told me to let go off her, I instinctively held her tighter. I knew it was now or never.

"Princess I'm so sorry. I know I should've stopped Ashton from pulling that prank on you. Trust me, I didn't know it was going to be that bad or that you were going to be so scared. I'm so so sorry Jas. I promise I would never do something like that again. I would do anything to make it up to you. What do you want? I can take you out for breakfast. Or would you like to go for shopping? Or you know we can-" I rambled on and on and until a hand descended on my mouth. I looked into Jasmine's eyes.

"Shut up! Oh God! How can you ramble so much this early in the morning?" Jasmine asked, looking exasperated. Even then there was a small smile playing on her lips. I knew what that meant but I still wanted to hear it from her. For better confirmation.

"I forgive you. Honestly it wasn't even your fault. I overreacted, I'm sorry. And as for Ashton, let him know I forgive him too. His intentions weren't bad." She said and smiled.

I grinned like a fool and hugged her. "Thank you thank you thank you so much Princess!" I felt like a kid on Christmas.

This is what this girl do to me.

She laughed and patted my back. "Now please let me go. You're blocking my oxygen supply." I immediately pulled back from her. She laughed.

"Oops! Sorry." I said sheepishly.

She soon returned back to her room as she had school. I missed her presence in my room. I shook my head to get rid of her thoughts. I realised I was getting way to ahead of myself. I have to first be completely sure of my feelings for her.

I got ready for office and headed out of home. I reached the office and parking my car in the private lot, I walked inside.

I was just waiting for the elevator when a person in the lobby caught my attention. I squinted my eyes to get a better look. Yup. It was him.

Standing there, in the lobby of my office, was the guy I saw Jasmine walking inside the hospital the other day with.

Dr.Andrew Reynolds.