Chapter 37

Jasmine's POV

"Hello babydoll."

Hunter's icy blue eyes pierced through my soul as he gave me an evil grin. I gulped down the chill and fear I felt crawling up my throat and looked him square in the eyes. I refused to back down this time.

We stared at each other for a long time, none of us breaking it or backing down. And then Hunter's face broke into an amused smiled.

"Ahh you've grown some backbone, huh? If it was earlier you would've cowered back in fear. And now you're looking back at me. My babydoll has grown up, hasn't she?"

"Don't. Call. Me. That." I gritted out. For a moment, a flash of anger flew through his eyes and I feared for the consequences, but then it was gone. I sighed. I wasn't going to go down without a fight.

"You've surely grown feisty. I like that." He said chuckling, but anyone could see the anger in how he clenched his jaw.

"What are you up to this time Hunter? Or should I say, Hades?" I sneered at him.

He walked forward and crouched down on the bed I was sitting on. He looked me up and down, and I was glad I was still in my yesterday's clothes. At least he had the decency not to change me while I was unconscious.

Yeah right. I wonder where was this decency when he ra-

I stopped my train of thoughts from wondering to the past. If I thought of that now, I would surely loose the ounce of confidence I had suddenly gained.

Hunter slowly moved his hand towards me and I flinched. I didn't want him touching me. He clenched his jaw and glared at me. He abruptly got hold of my chin and forced me to look at him.

"I've waited so long for this." He said as he tilted his face and seemed to be studying my face.

"For what? Torturing me? Breaking me down again?" I tried saying it confidently but it came out as a broken whisper.

Damn it!

He smiled gently at me and sighed. He laid down on the bed facing the ceiling and trailed his hand up my thigh. I tried moving back but he held tightly and I whimpered. That was definitely going to bruise.

"I think I owe you an explanation, don't I? Since we're going to stay together for a loooong time now." He said grinning and stretching the word 'long' to emphasise it.

In your dreams, asshole.

I didn't reply to his previous question. He didn't seem to mind though as he stared at the ceiling with a forlorn look.

I couldn't keep up with the silence and finally asked him the question that was bugging me.

"What colour are your eyes?"

Hunter laughed out loud. He laughed like I had said the most funniest joke of the year. He even slapped his knee in amusement.

"I was waiting for you to spring up that question." He said in between laughing. "You've always been the curious one. Haven't you heard? Curiosity killed the cat?"

I don't know what came over me but I found myself giving him a sass. "And haven't you heard? Satisfaction brought it back?"

His eyes flashed with anger and I realised I crossed the line. Still, refusing to back down, I kept staring at him.

"Don't try to get smart with me baby. It will end terribly bad." He growled out menacingly.

I didn't say anything more as I didn't want to push him further. It was good he hadn't done anything till now but I couldn't say what he had in store for me.