3

"WHAT THE HELL NAMJOON!" 

"I think it would be a nice thing. We can meet new people. Plus maybe your soulmate!" Hoseok said happily, siding with Namjoon. 

"I missed it when you were sick." Yoongi sunk to the floor. Not wanting to meet this new group of people Namjoon had set up to meet without actually talking with everyone involved about. 

"Ouch... Hyung don't say that." Hoseok clutched his chest. 

Namjoon was tapping his finger on his desk, sitting across the room from Yoongi. "This is your soulmate Yoongi! He's like a little optimistic kid. And he's definitely your soulmate. Unless there is another person who happened to dye their hair purple two days ago at night. That used to be blue. That has a black hairstreak."

Yoongi hated that Namjoon was probably right. "Well, maybe I don't know. Lots of people dye their hair every day." He said trying to convince Namjoon, and maybe himself, that he wasn't about to meet his soulmate in three days.

Truth be told Yoongi's heart skipped beats, his stomach did flips. And he felt as if he opened his mouth butterflies would pop out. He wished to meet his soulmate, to have someone to spend time with. At the same time, he was fucking terrified. 

What if they didn't like that he was a boy?

What if his parents didn't like him?

What if they wanted to get married right away?

What if they didn't like music?

What if they didn't like cats or dogs?

What if they didn't want Yoongi to take care of them all day long when they were sick?

What if it turned out that it wasn't his soulmate?

What if they just weren't meant to be?

Yoongi was pacing around Namjoon and Hoseok's dorm nibbling on the tips of his nails. God, why did this bother him so much? Did it even bother him? Why does he have to suck so much at human emotions? 

Nope, Yoongi didn't want to get his hopes up again. He forced his mind to stop thinking about his future with this person he hasn't even met yet. 

"Yoongi are you okay? I've never seen you like this." Namjoon placed his hand on Yoongi's shoulder to stop the older male from pacing around the room. 

Hoseok chimed into the conversation. "Soulmates can do crazy things to the human mind."

Yoongi flicked his eyes over towards Hoseok. "You don't even have a soulmate how do you know all this? Are you cupid or something?" 

Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows. "Maybe." In which Namjoon and Yoongi both cocked an eyebrow to. 

Yoongi decided to go back to his apartment to avoid further questions from his friends. He got his nightly call from his Mom. He answered the phone. Trying to smile and stay positive. Mrs. Min saw right through her son's fake smile. "Rice cake what's wrong?" 

"Nothing Mom..." Yoongi laughed nervously. Mrs. Min stayed silent and waited for Yoongi to speak. He always confided in her, she just wanted to make sure her son was happy. "It's just... Namjoon thinks he found my soulmate."

"Rice cake that's amazing!"

Yoongi paused and took in a deep breath. "I'm nervous. I feel sick to my stomach. What if they don't like me?"

Mrs. Min sighed getting ready to pep talk her son for the next hour. "Yoongi, this might be your soulmate. I know in high school you tried to date but nothing worked out because of your streak but you have to give it a chance. You'll be so much happier. And if it turns out to not be your soulmate, then keep looking."

"But what about Geumjae-Hyung? He's still lonely and doesn't have a soulmate and all the girls he had dated hated him in the end." Yoongi was freaking out the more he thought of it. 

Mrs. Min's heart ached for her son, she knew he had a lot of anxiety and fear. "Don't base your entire love life off of your older brothers. And if you are, he hasn't given up on finding the one yet." 

"But what if I screw up and they hate me?"

"Honey, this is your soulmate. Have a little more faith. I'm going to bed now, I'll call you tomorrow. Love you rice cake." 

"Yeah, bye Mom... I love you too." Yoongi said before hearing the familiar beep of the call ending. 

Yoongi rubbed his face. He still didn't know what to do. He didn't know who to talk to. He didn't know a damn thing.