Ch.10 This Is Our Mission

"Kunikida-san," Atsushi speaks up. "What were you saying about the cause of the suicides...?"

"The gifted didn't commit suicide. They were killed by their own abilities... Let's hurry to the agency."

"Got it."

I pick up the speed as I drove.

"Shiori-san..."

"Yes?"

Kyouka points ahead.

"There's something there."

As we got closer, we could see something dark beyond the fog. It was a very tall silhouette of a person. It had to be seven or eight feet tall.

"Shiori, slow down. There's someone in the road." Atsushi warns me.

I narrow my eyes to get a better look. Once I realize, I slam the gas peddle to go faster.

"S-Shiori!"

"It's not a person!"

I hit the thing standing in the middle of the road. It flies over the car and lands on the ground behind us as I stop the car.

"What was that?" Kunikida asked.

We all look behind us to fully see the creature. It was a tall, shadowy, creature with glowing red eyes. It was basically like an upper half of skeleton with long hair and claws. This creature had a light violet glow surrounding it and a red jewel in the middle of it's forehead. It stared at us as it stood.

"What is that?" Atsushi asks

"An ability." I answer. "My ability."

Darkness Within lets out a horrible shriek before charging at us. I step on the gas and race out of there. Darkness Within starts chasing us with incredible speed.

"It'll follow us to the agency." Atsushi stresses.

"No it won't. Take the wheel, Kyouka."

Kyouka grabs the wheel as I lean out the window. I take my gun and aim right for it's right eye. I take the shot and shoot the other eye. The glowing red eyes disappears as the creature stops and screams in pain. I sit back down and take the wheel as I speed off.

"What happened?"

I answer my twin's question.

"Well, as you all know, Darkness Within is the ability to look into people's minds and bring out their most horrifying nightmares. I figured, take out it's eyes, it'll give us a few minutes to escape and get to the agency."

"We should get there before that thing comes after us again."

"Yes, Kunikida-san."

I drive faster to get to our destination.