Ch.16 Plan B

Just as I reached the door...

"Where do you think you're going?"

Queen appears right in front of my path. With swift movements, I take my gun and aim at her.

"That's not going to work."

The moment I get close, using my other hand, I thrust the blade of my knife into her stomach, wounding her.

"The gun was a decoy?!"

I smirk as I pull the blade out and get pass her.

"Did you forget what I told you about this knife?"

I continue to run out of there and down the hall.

"I'll kill you!"

Hearing Queen's shouts, I take aim at the glass at the end of the hall. I shot it two times, breaking it into many little pieces.

I contacted him before I left the bar earlier tonight. I hope he got my message. If not, I truly am about to die from this little stunt I'm about to pull.

I run and jump through the broken window. Everything seemed to play in slow motion in my mind. The ground looked so far from all the way up here. But it was getting closer as I begin to plummet towards it.

"Please... Be here." I prayed.

As I get closer to hitting the ground, I don't see anyone anywhere.

Dammit.

I close my eyes. It's about another three seconds before I hit the ground and splat everywhere.

"Well...I had a good run at life."

Those were my last words... Or so I thought.

I'm suddenly caught right before hitting the ground. I open my eyes and smile at my savor.

"Chuuya-san~, you're a few seconds late~." I teased.

"Late?! How the hell was I supposed to know you would be falling to your death?! All you did was sent me coordinates and a time to be there via text."

"Just be glad I made you part of my escape plan, Plan B."

"Damn. You really are just like-"

"Don't call me that."

Chuuya looks at my to find my smile gone. It was replaced by a serious gaze. A gaze that would make most people terrified of me. But it had no affect on Chuuya. He lets out a sigh.

"Geez, what's got you so pissed? It's so unlike you. ...It's Dazai, isn't it?"

"..."

"Fine. I won't interfere with whatever you two are fighting about. But, it's weird. You two never fight."

"Just drop it."

"...Fine."

Chuuya places me on the ground.

"You won't leave me that easily."

A bright light suddenly appears in front of us. Once it was gone, Queen was standing where the light had vanished. She looked pissed.

"I had enough games. Let's finished this already."

Chuuya stood in front of me protectively.

"I'll handle this."

"Do you even have your ability back?"

He turns his head towards me.

"Who said I ever lost it?"

"What?"

"I know all about your ability, small boy."

"Small?!" Chuuya snaps his head back towards Queen.

"In Search Of Lost Time."

A white light surrounds Chuuya's body.

"What's this...? Hey, I can't move!"

As Chuuya struggles to break free of Queen's ability, Queen walks up to him.

"Of course you can't move. This ability controls the time of anything and anyone. It's a powerful ability if used correctly. It's such a shame he chooses to never use it."

She leans closer to Chuuya's face as she smirks.

"For a short thing, your ability sure is powerful. Maybe I should take it for myself."

"Kill him, and I'll return the favor ten times worse."

Queen's eyes land on me. I was glaring daggers at her. She just giggles as she pulls away and heads towards me. I take a few steps back as she stalked closer.

"This is cute. Your owner threw you away, so you turn to the other who trained you. I guess you're not as loyal as you claimed to be."

Clutching the handle of my knife, I swing my arm. But she catches my wrist.

"I'm not going to fall for that twice."

She grips my wrist, forcing me to drop my weapon. The same white light that was around Chuuya, surrounds me as well.

Sh*t! I can't move!

"Now," She takes the gun out of my pocket. "I would love to torture you but, it seems the other abilities need my help. Their presence seem to be fading one by one. So let's make this quick."

She places the end of the barrel right up against my forehead.

"Goodnight, Master."