Chapter 16- The Ultimate Inventor

Kokichi's POV:

He felt something tear inside him, as though a thousand knives were ripping through every limb in his body. There was something about this boy that felt far too familiar. Maybe it was all the talk about the other times they had met, but the thought of losing the detective grew heavy on his heart. As though losing him was like losing something more than a friend he had met a few days prior.

But he was gone. His body had grown limp in his chair before his very eyes. His final resting place littered with his own blood that seeped from his gushing wounds. This was inhuman, horrific, he couldn't tear his eyes away,
"The detective is first to go! Wow I wonder how you guys will go in the future now that the professional cluedo man has been offed!"
"W-why did you do that!" Kaede shook, tears threatening to fall from her sunken eyes. She looked as horrible as Kokichi felt.

"That's the rules! You kill, you face trial. You fail to trick your way to freedom, you pay the price!" The bear laughed from his seat.
"He wasn't a bad guy, he didn't deserve to die." She choked, the tears falling swiftly.
"I concur." Kirumi raised a small hand, "although he never fully explained his motives, he didn't seem the sort to kill for personal gain as strange as that might sound." Kokichi felt a knot tighten in his chest, he would rather be anywhere, but here right now.
"I'm not sure if we can really deduce that Saihara killed for an unselfish reason just by his outward personality." Rantaro pointed.
"Atua has no opinion on this matter, as he is napping right now." Her words went mostly unnoticed as Himiko spoke up softly.
"But he seemed so nice...why?" Himiko muttered, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Nihihi~ why are you all so glum! The stinking murderer is gone this should be a celebration!" Kokichi called with raised arms. He couldn't deal with this. If he could convince himself that nothing bad had just happened, he wouldn't have to feel like this anymore. He could just pretend like he always did.
"A celebration...?" Kaito growled, his hands balling into fists at his sides.
"Yeah! I would have thought you would be happiest Momota~ the person who ruined your little Monokuma ambush party is gone!" Kaito slammed a hand to his podium making a large cracking sound,
"How could I have wanted this, 2 people died today and you think everyone should be happy?!" Kokichi laughed, jumping off his own podium with a smirk, just as Kaito did the same. They were face to face now, Kaito considerably taller.

"Oh, was I mistaken? Maybe I was talking about myself," There was a flourish of movement and a hand had made it to his neck, grasping the cloth and yanking him high into the air. He choked at the sudden force, but didn't recoil. Just hit me Kaito. Please.
"What did you say?!" Kaito snarled his grip only tightening,
"I said, I'm happy they're dead." He gasped out, watching Kaito's face contort in rage. There was a rushing of wind and he fell to the ground hard, the wind knocked out of him on impact. He coughed, heaving himself onto all fours so he could see the man towering above him.
"H-Happy with yourself tough guy? Why not have another go, make it so I can feel it this time." He coughed again, wiping his mouth with the back of his sleeve roughly. Kaito looked livid and almost ready to lay another punch on him when something extremely unexpected happened.

"Don't hit him." Kokichi looked around for the source of the voice, almost angry at the interruption. He didn't want to think. He didn't care if Kaito punched him.  "He's just fucking asking for it now, just leave him alone." The blonde girl didn't move from her spot among the rest of the students, but crossed her arms defiantly. Why the hell?
"What? You like me or something Miu? Don't want to see me all bruised and battered?" He winced as he tried to laugh, but the throbbing of his jaw was catching up to him.
"Like hell I'd like you, you lying piece of shit!"

"Pshh! we both know that's not true," There was a splutter of indignance as a reply. Kokichi lifted himself into a half standing position and looked at everyone else. They were all sheep. Absolute sheep. Simply standing around waiting for someone to herd them somewhere... but someone in there was different. A wolf among the flock, the true mastermind. Hiding in plain sight.