Chapter 21

"It's been three days Liv, you gotta say something!" Laney told me.

Gabe nodded. "The only time you two are together is at dinner and in your room. Even then, she's all over him at dinner."

I sighed. "Guys, if this is what he wants, I'm not going to stop him. It wouldn't be fair of me to ask that of him."

"You guys ready for dinner?" Damon came up behind me, wrapping his arms around me.

We all traipsed silently to the dinner table. Matt was sitting with some friends he'd met and Ash was coming up in a little bit with Emma. I sighed when Amelia took my spot next to Damon, but didn't say anything. I went to sit on the other side. After three days, I don't know if I could handle him constantly being with someone else. I guess this was just a taste of what it would be like after the year was up.

"Wine?" Amelia asked all of us.

Everyone said yes except me. "I don't drink," I politely declined.

Amelia pouted at me. "Oh, that's no fun! Come on, how about a glass?"

Damon interjected. "Amelia, she doesn't want to. And besides, she's technically underage." I smiled thankfully at him. He knew the reason I didn't drink was partially because of my parents' accident with the drunk driver.

I couldn't hold eye contact for long, looking away quickly. As selfish as I sounded, I couldn't bear seeing the two of them together.

I sat silently at the table, only talking when directly spoken to. Amelia kept the conversation focused mainly on her, so I didn't have to worry too much.

"Hey Liv, can I talk to you?" My head shot up as I realized Damon was talking to me.

I walked over to the side with him, keeping my eyes on the ground. I knew that if I looked at him I would start crying right in the middle of dinner.

"Is something wrong? You've been acting strange for the past couple days," Damon asked me.

I had to swallow to keep my surprise in. Was he that oblivious to how Amelia was manipulating us? "It's nothing," I said softly, worried that he wouldn't believe me.

He broke the plastic spoon in his hand. "It's not nothing, Liv! Just tell me what's wrong and I will fix it."

I bit my lip. "It's just Amelia. It feels weird having her around."

Damon sighed and pulled me into a hug. "Look, she's my ex, but she's not that bad. She told me she thought you didn't really like her, but could you please just try talking to her."

WAS HE FUCKING KIDDING ME? I had just told him what had been bothering me and he blew it off, and told me it was basically my fault!

I wasn't even angry, I was just disappointed. Mostly with myself. I knew this was how it would be, with Damon on Amelia's side. But I still let myself get hurt.

"I'm just going to go to the bathroom real quick." I gave him a smile before walking away, not waiting for his response.

Okay Liv. Two minutes and then you're done.

I gave myself two minutes and then I was done being sorry for myself. Sorry wouldn't get me anywhere, I had learned that much in life. Making sure my eyes weren't red, I made my way back to my table.

"Ouch!" I hissed as I bumped into something. I could hear the shattering of glass as I looked at who I had bumped into.

"Really, Olivia? I mean, I know you don't like me, but that was really unnecessary." Amelia glared at me, looking at the small cut on her finger.