Chapter 30

"What is this about?" I asked them curiously. Damon was staring at me, while Gabe was avoiding eye contact.

Damon took a deep breath. "Please come back Liv. I need you."

I shook my head. "Damon, you already know what I'm going to say. I'm sorry I broke our deal and left 2 months early. I'll find a way to pay you back. I can't come back."

"But I love you!" He burst out.

I stood there in shock. "Wh-what?"

He looked at me nervously and started talking. "Olivia Marie Lanhurst, I am utterly in love with you. I'm sorry it took me so long to figure out my feelings and I'm sorry I've hurt you so much. I love you."

I started crying right there in the middle of the parking lot. This was some cruel joke that was being played on me, wasn't it? To have what I wanted so close that I could almost feel it, and then have it ripped away from me.

"Stop lying to me," I shrieked at him. "You couldn't say it a month ago, you couldn't say it last week, why are you saying it now? Just leave me alone."

I started walking away from him. "Baby, please! I do love you, I swear."

I started wiping away the tears streaming down my face, but stopped when I realized there were too many to stop. "Please," I managed to choke out. "Just stop hurting me. Stop playing with my feelings."

Damon got on his knees, right there, in the middle of the parking lot. "Liv, I'm begging you to believe me. Have I ever lied to you?" I warily shook my head no. "Because I'm not lying. I'm so, so in love with you and I want to spend the rest of my life proving it to you."

I stared at him unbelievingly before turning to Gabe. He nodded confirmingly. "It took this idiot 2 hours of therapy with Dr. Gabe and Delaney to realize that when you want to be with someone for the rest of your life, and you like kissing them and talking to them, that it means you're in love."

I let out a hysterical laugh at that. "Damon," I sunk to my knees in front of him, cupping his face.

He broke out into a smile when he saw that I believed him. "I missed you," he mumbled and he hugged me tightly. "Would now be a good time to kiss you?" He asked cheekily. I nodded with a laugh, feeling so overwhelmed but happy too.

This was all I ever wanted from him.

I felt everything fade in and out for a second. I blinked to stay upright as the blood rushed to my head.

I opened my mouth to tell Damon something was wrong, but before I could, everything went black.

It was sort of strange because I could feel everything, and hear everything, but I couldn't see or move.

"Liv! Liv, are you okay?" I wanted to tell a panicked Damon that I was fine, but my mouth wasn't moving.

"She hit her head Damon, we need to get her to the emergency room." I did?

Next thing I knew, Damon was shouting at someone. "What the fuck is wrong with her? Why isn't she waking up?" If I could've, I would've woken up right then and there just to slap him all the way to Australia. He needed to stop being rude to people!

The other person replied calmly. "She was extremely dehydrated and passed out from exhaustion. Nothing serious, we'll hook her up to a few IVs to get fluids in her. We see this all the time with people who often have too much going on, and forget to take care of themselves. I would be more worried about the concussion she got from hitting her head. She may have some short term memory loss because of it."

He went into some medical terminology that I didn't really care for, so I zoned out. Memory loss? I was fine though, I remembered everything.

"I'm staying with her, I don't give a fuck about hospital policy." Damon's voice stood out among the series of voices that kept talking. I smiled, but it was only in my head. My stubborn Damon. I felt a little euphoric as I remembered what he had told me in the parking lot. He loved me. Damon loved me!

I was trying so hard to wake up, but I couldn't. I couldn't feel anything, what was wrong with me? What if I was stuck like this forever?

"Her heart rate is rising," I heard someone yell as an incessant beeping grew louder.

I felt a small prick and then I was numb. I felt myself fading slowly out of consciousness, into a dark abyss.