[1]

"Stop crying, you fucking bitch!" The red-head they call Eli, kicks me in my stomach.

"When we're done with the rest of your family, it'll be your turn little girl, and trust me. We're gonna take our time with you"

The three men all laugh, their voices filling the room with insanity.

With my eyes swollen from all the crying I've been doing, I look over to my two brothers, Joshua and Noah. The terrified expression that both of them carry is enough to let me know that this night will only end one way. We are going to die and there's no way any of us are getting out of this.

They've tied all of us, now we lay helplessly on our living room floor. My father is already covered in blood from being shot in the leg, he tried to protect us once he realized these crazies were kicking down our front door but he was no match for three younger men.

I would have never thought we would be in danger of being killed on purge night. We're a family of five that live out in the suburbs. My father and mother are both high ranking soldiers in the military. They always assured my older brothers and I that we were exempt from this terror.

"Damn, these people are rich!" Eli says as he examines an expensive painting on the wall.

The leader of this murderous group, a long-haired brunette man, named Lex rolls his eyes and knocks it down. "yeah, these stuck up ass holes probably thought that they were untouchable"

"Not anymore! It's the fucking purge, it's time for motherfuckers to get humbled!" Eli yells excitedly.

I shiver in fear as the men fumble around the rest of our house. Maybe they'll just rob us and go away, I think to myself.

While the invaders are preoccupied, my mom manages to slide closer to me, "Meghan, sweetheart, it's going to be okay. I promise I won't let them do anything to you." she whispers.

"m-mom I want you to know, I love you" is all I have time to say before the third man, Damon, notices "aww, look at mommy trying to protect her cub," he says in a mocking tone and struts over to her, pointing a gun at her head.

Me and my brothers scream in horror.

"Noo! I swear to God I'm gonna kill every last one of you!" my dad threatens them as he struggles against the rope.

Eli goes over to him and starts brutally beating him, each punch and kick lands harder than the next. It isn't long until he passes out.

"See your husband is nothing but a pussy! All those military ranks don't mean shit! the NFFA made things fair this time"

NFFA stands for "New Founding Fathers of America". They are the reason the purge even exist. During the first couple of years, military officials and politicians were off-limits but this year they changed that because of the many outbreaks of riots.

Lex walks over to the two other men and whispers something in their ears. They have a short conversation amongst themselves for a few moments then disperse. The red-head, Eli, drags my dad upstairs but the other two stay behind. 

"Now time for the fun part!"