[4]

"Nice pair you got there, those real?"

I nod my head, then protectively wrap my arms around myself.

I did what he wanted, I just hope this is all over now.

"That's surprising considering how much fucking money you people have. So tell me, how does it feel to be knocked off your high horse?"

He can't be serious, after all, he's done he still thinks I feel superior to him.

"I never asked to be born into the social status I'm in... it's not my fault" I reply with my true feelings. There's no point in making up a monologue about how supposedly changed I am from the purge.

He looks at me straight-faced, I can't quite read what's going on in his head. He breaks the silence with a question, "Are you in college?"

It seemingly has no correlation to what's going on, maybe he's just playing mind games with me.

"Yeah, I go to Dartmouth"

"Typical rich people place.....you know I would've gone anywhere that would've accepted me but my folks couldn't afford it"

There's another moment of silence.

"Sorry," I say in a little above a whisper, I feel somewhat bad but at the same time, I don't. He's a murderer, he doesn't deserve any sympathy.

His eyes search around my room as if he's looking for something, "I always wondered how it would be to grow up having it all"

When he says this I get a strange feeling, it's almost like guilt, "My life's not perfect if that's what you're asking"

He furrows his eyebrows, and his voice goes deeper than before, "take off your shorts".

My eyes widen and I begin sweating like a marathon runner, "but that wasn't part of the deal"

He never mentioned that there was going to be more stipulations to this.

Lex grinds his teeth and pushes a strand hair out of his face, "do it!" he shouts at me with pure force.

He watches me like a lion stalking its prey like he wants to take all his anger out on me. His hatred for rich people is deeper than I thought. My parents would sometimes tell me about poor people and how jealous they are but truthfully I don't see it that way. He seems more hurt than anything else.

"Look, I'm sorry about how you grew up, a lot of rich people are entitled assholes, I get that, but that's not me. I don't hate poor people, I don't hate anyone", I cry to him out of both fear and desperation.

"Bullshit! You're singing the same song all the other rich douche bags sang when their life was on the line!", he waves his gun at me and that familiar crazy smile comes back to his face.

"No, Please, I know I'm just a privileged girl that doesn't know much about the world but what I do know is that the system is unfair and that it works by keeping the majority of people on the bottom but please don't blame me for that, if I could change it I would!" I explain myself to him, I don't often talk about my opinions of the purge with other people, my friends and family mostly think I'm brainwashed by anti-purge propaganda.

I wipe the tears from my face, I can't believe he's making me be so vulnerable. The only thing I can do to make myself feel better is hug my body even tighter with my arms.

My entire being is grossly exposed.

The man and I share a few looks but suddenly I notice that his facial expression changes again. He seems calmer now.

"You scared of me?" he asks me with a genuine tone.

"N-no"

A small smirk emerges, "Do you trust that I'm not gonna hurt you?"

I nod but on the inside I'm unsure.

"Then come over here" he pats the space on the bed next to him.

I sit down reluctantly but my eyes stare towards the ground, I can't bring myself to face him so close.

"I believe you, I wish we could've met another way but that's just life. I can't take back anything I've done tonight and I can't pussy out of what me and my boys have planned so please just do what I tell you, take off your shorts"

My heart drops to my stomach, I'm not getting out of this after all but I guess I understand where he's coming from. He killed my brother, there's no reversing that. We're not meant to be friends. To him, he probably figures he might as well finish what he's started.