Cereal

UNDERWORLD

PERSEPHONE'S POV

I was running in a maze, no matter where I go, I will find a huge room - Empty.

Well I was thinking since Hades was not in the underworld I should search all over the castle and maybe find something worthwhile.

Although I was confused how did he left me alone without a 'blink your eyes a little hard and I will be there' super protective speech of his.

My cheeks flushed thinking that as I giggled, my daydreaming stopped and breath hitched when I felt something watching me. I turned around abruptly.

Nothing.

I walked faster paces, extremely light footsteps were nearing me. I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for years of training.

Hades' Chamber  stood in all it's royal glory before me.

I opened it, moving inside and then turning around abruptly.There stood a massive dog with black velvet like fur shining gloriously.

His eyes widened so did mine. We stared at each other with our eyes like saucers.

He tilted his head so I tilted my head.

His eyes narrowed. My eyes narrowed.

He barked once softly and I didn't knew what came over me that I barked back.....what the fuck? Persephone are you mad?

You have a language Persephone, you don't need to adopt barking. I scolded myself.Thank God Hades was not here to see this mortifying incident.

"You!" I pointed my finger at the dog. His eyes widened.

"You Mister are going to keep quite. If you tell this to Hades..."

I raised my hand to my neck and made a swiping gesture with four fingers with a little of my tongue out.

He seemed terrified. Aww poor baby.

You look like a baby in front of him. My inner self rolled her eyes hard.

I reached him. My hands raised in a manner that I would not  harm him ever.

I got closer, pulled his terrified face down now scrunched into confusion and patted his head.

"Awww my poor baby, did I scared you? Sorry baby I never meant to, I was just joking. Don't worry I will ask Hades to let me keep you."

He growled softly in happiness as I petted his fur.

"Have you eaten something?" He looked unsure and his eyes widened, his expression were somewhat cautious.

He shook his head in a yes as I sat down on the smooth carpeted floor of Hades' inner chamber.

"Sit boy" I motioned him down as I myself sat Indian style. He immediately complied happily.

"Well you know , I know Hades has a dog too...well unlike you he has three heads and three tails and you know what, his fur is similar to yours but it has brownish red patterns."

He tilted his head nodding as if he understood. Maybe he did.

"I saw him in my dream. His name is Cerberus and I want to meet him. Actually we both can meet him and then you both can be friends." His eyes had a proud gleam.

"Do you want yo know about me?" He stood up waging his tail and barking in enthusiasm. I laughed...ok then.

"Well my name is Persephone. And I am King Hades' mate." I spoke shyly, my fingers drawing patterns on the blue carpet.

His nose nudged me as if asking for more. I patted his head and continued.

"Wait what should I call you?"

"Liam" he shook his head.

"Xerion" again a no.

"Cereal" I shook my head yes before he could say no. He rolled his eyes as I threw my body at him.

"Bad boy...rolling eyes." He barked happily and held me softly, protectively......just like Hades does.

I laughed heartily separating myself and sitting down again.

"Have you seen him? My mate? His eyes are vibrant like universe has taken only a fraction of their beauty. I-I want to tell him how great of a king he is and how I am the luckiest person in the world that I have him. That I never want to let him go."

Cereal stood proudly puffing out his chest, his eyes gleaming with pride.

"You know celery, Hades is the most caring person I have ever met. I don't think I even deserve him but I have realised something....I love him...I love him more everyday and if that doesnt scares the hell out of me."

**********************