The wedding

You let out an inadvertent gasp as you looked at your reflection in the mirror.
"Is this really me?"
"Yes honey, it is." The makeup artist chuckled at your reaction, "Do you like it? Is there anything you want to change or-"
"Like it? I love it! Thank you so much for your magical hands, you really are my fairy godmother." You squeezed her hand in gratitude.
"Well then, I'll get going now. Thank you for having me today, you're truly the nicest person I've ever met. Your husband is so fortunate to have you. Good luck with your wedding party." She shook your hand & bid farewell.
You turned around to face the full-length mirror once again, feeling like a princess in your sparkly white gown & full-on makeup.
Never once in your life had you ever felt beautiful before, with your huge frame & flabby fat. Tonight was the first time ever that you looked into the mirror & thought that you were pretty.
"Well, the shape-wear really does its job. No wonder it cost me two months of salary." You giggled while caressing your flat tummy.
"Y/n ah, are you re- Oh my God!" Your mom exclaimed as she walked into the room & saw you.
"Is this really my daughter? You look stunning!"
"고마워요 엄마 (thank you Mom). I don't look so bad, do I?" A huge smile was plastered on your face.
"You look absolutely gorgeous. Come here, I can't believe my daughter is getting married today. If your dad were still here, he-" Your mom pulled you into a hug, but the lump in her throat stopped her from saying anything further & a drop of tear rolled down her cheek.
"Eomma, 울지마요 (don't cry). You're going to make me cry as well." You sniffed & looked up to contain the tears that were threatening to fall.
"Ok ok. Let's go, your groom is waiting." She wiped away her tears & smiled at you, before she took your hand & guided you out of the room.

The live orchestra began to play Pachelbel Canon in D, a cue for you & your mom to start entering the ballroom

"Are you ready Y/n ah?" She patted your perspiring cold hand, which was hooked on her arm, gently.
Butterflies were flying in your stomach, you were so nervous that you couldn't utter a single word, so you only nodded at her as a response.
The gate opened up & you gaped at the extravagant decor & flower arrangement. It was nothing like the weddings that you had ever gone to in your hometown.

You put on your best smile & carefully walked on the long platform that seemed to be endless

You put on your best smile & carefully walked on the long platform that seemed to be endless. Your steps wobbled slightly since it was your first time wearing high heels.
As you neared the end of the runway, you saw him. Your groom, impeccably dressed in a black suit & tie. His smooth hair was styled to perfection, his handsome features were illuminated by the dim purple lighting, adding to his etherealness.
You drew a sharp breath, your heartbeat intensified.
"Is this perfect human being really going to be my husband?"
However, your smile was erased in an instant as you got closer to him & you saw his eyes. Cold & full of disdain. He clenched his jaws when your mom gave him your hand.

"김서방 (Kim son-in-law), please take care of my daughter from now on

"김서방 (Kim son-in-law), please take care of my daughter from now on." She smiled at him.
"네 엄머니." He replied shortly, his smiled didn't reach his eyes.
The rest of the night went by in a blur. You shook countless hands of people you didn't know, smiled until your mouth felt stiff, took so many pictures that your vision became fuzzy from the camera's blitz.
Finally the evening was over & it was time for you to go back to your new home.
"You go on first. I still have some unfinished business to do first." Taehyung said to you without looking up from his phone.
"Oh okay, how-"
"The driver will drive you there. He's waiting for you outside." He rose from his seat & walked out, slamming the door behind him.
You sighed heavily, this certainly wasn't anything like the wedding nights you read in novels, where the groom & the bride happily entered their room, drunk in love.
"Oh well, maybe he's tired." You forced a smile on your face & walked out to look for the driver.

"Woah, am I really gonna be living here from now on?"
Your mouth opened in awe as you scanned the massive & elegant living room.
"사모님 (Mrs), your belongings have been organized in the master bedroom. Please come with me." The ajumma bowed at you & signaled you to follow her.
"Please just call me Y/n." You smiled at her.
"Oh no, I can't do that. 도련님 (young master) won't be happy. My name is Kang Sunah, you can call me 강집사 (Kang butler). This is the master bedroom."
She opened the door for you & let you in.
The bedroom looked like it came straight out of a design magazine, it was nothing like your tiny bedroom back home.

"I'll leave you to rest now

"I'll leave you to rest now. Please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything." She bowed at you & turned around to leave.
"His family must be extremely rich." You thought to yourself as you skimmed your finger over the furnitures.
Afraid of breaking anything, you took extreme care when you changed out of your dress into the modest lingerie your friends from back home bought you.
"What were they thinking?" You laughed at your own reflection in the mirror, the pink satin fabric stretched tightly over your abdomen.
"There's now way I'm wearing this."
Shaking your head, you took the skimpy outfit off & changed into you comfortable old pajamas.
"Now, let's just wait for him." You stretched your arms above your head & sat down on the couch waiting for your groom to come home.