Fate

Taehyung's POV
3 days. That was how long your shadow had been haunting him since that unexpected sighting. You had changed , lost a lot of weight, & looked more mature. But it was you. The woman who'd stolen his heart & crushed it to pieces.
You had suddenly crept back into his life without him even knowing. His heart had almost dropped to the floor when he saw Yebin rushing into your arms. He had been paralyzed down to the core, like he'd seen a ghost from his past.
Whose child is she? A new guy's? Jin's? Or... Mine?
He quickly shook his head.
That's impossible. She can't be mine. But her age..
"Sajangnim. Sajangnim? Ehm.. Sajangnim?"
His manager's voice pulled him back from his trance.
"Huh? Oh yes.. what do you need?" He cleared his throat & looked up.
"I'm sorry but have you dealt with the apartment building owner?" The manager asked hesitantly.
"What apartment building?" Taehyung stared at him in confusion.
"T-the building that got in the way of our new development project?"
"Oh." Shit, I completely forgot about that.
"Everything's settled. I'm working on a deal with the owner." He lied.
"Woah, our sajangnim is the best. We are nothing compared to you." The manager let out a kiss-ass laugh & gave him a thumbs up.
"Are you done? Don't you have work to do?" Taehyung stared at him with a deadpan expression on his face.
"Oh uhmm.. ehmm.. yes I do. I better get going now. Have a good day sajangnim." The manager bowed & scurried out of Taehyung's office.
"Huhh.. I have to go there now." His mind immediately wandered to Yebin.
No, I'm not going to see her again until I figure out how to deal with this.

But his heart couldn't lie.
His feet involuntarily brought him back to Yebin's preschool.
Pheww.. no one's playing outside today.
He sighed as he scanned the yard.
"Taehyung ajusshi!" He was about to leave when a sweet voice calling his name made him turn around.
"Oh, Yebin ah." A smile inadvertently lifted the corners of his lips.
"Where have you been? Did you go somewhere? I was very worried." She came closer to him & pouted.
"Mian (sorry), I was busy with work." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"It's ok. Eomma is always busy too. She works really hard for me."
"Is- is your life difficult??" He had so many questions that he wanted to ask her, but he tried to control himself so that Yebin wouldn't get suspicious.
"Difficult? No. Although eomma cannot afford to cook my favorite katsu everyday, but it's ok. Jin ajusshi sometimes buys it for me anw."
Jin? Is she together with him now?
Burnt with jealousy, he clenched his jaws & stopped himself when he realized what he was doing.
Fuck, Kim Taehyung. Are you still jealous of him after all this time? Y/n is no longer your wife now.
"Is Jin ajusshi living with you?" He carefully asked.
"No, he comes by almost every night for dinner but he doesn't live in our apartment. Ajusshi! Do you want to see what I found a few days ago?" She suddenly widened her eyes & exclaimed excitedly.
"Yes sure." I guess that's the end of my interrogation.
"Wait here." She ran into the building & came right out after a few moments.
"Look at this! Isn't this bow the prettiest? I found it on the street on my way home. Eomma asked me to not take it, but I insisted." She grinned.
T-that's the pin I intended to give her.
Taehyung couldn't help but think that all of this was fate.
"Ajusshi? Ajusshi!" Yebin waved her hand in front of Taehyung's face.
"Oh? Sorry, I was thinking about something."
"Ajusshi, eomma kept asking me about the teddy bear. Can I tell her that you gave it to me?"
"No no no, don't. Uhmm.. if you do that, she'll ask you to return it to me. So Yebin ah, please don't ever mention to your mom about me ok?" He hurriedly explained, afraid that you would find out about him talking to Yebin.
"Ahh that's right. Ok, I won't tell her then."
"Yebin ah! What are you doing there? Come in!" The teacher called out to her from the building entrance.
"Ajusshi, I need to go now. See you tomorrow!" She flashed him a contagious smile & a "V"sign before she ran back in.
"Annyeong Yebin ah." He waved back at her.
Looking at his watch, he sighed.
What do I do now?
He knew he still have a lot of work to do but he was reluctant to leave. So he sat by the window in a coffee shop facing the preschool & waited, for what he didn't really know.
After a few hours of staring at the window while organizing his thoughts, a familiar figure appeared at the corner of his vision. You.
You were frantically running towards the preschool in your work clothes, some kind of a chef coat. Yebin's teacher brought her out & frowned at you, seemingly complaining about something.
You bowed repeatedly in apology & held Yebin's hand, before turning around & walked to the opposite direction.
Taehyung hastily rose from his seat & rushed out of the coffee shop. Cautiously, he followed you from behind through the streets & alleys until you arrived at your apartment building & got in.
"This- Shit." He cursed under his breath.
The building you & Yebin went into was the one that he was going to buy & demolish for his project.