His smile

"What are you doing?"
Taehyung asked as he flipped on the light switch.
You blinked your eyes, absolutely startled by Taehyung's sudden appearance.
"I- I was-" You stuttered.
Why should I feel guilty? I did nothing wrong.
You straightened your posture & looked straight at him.
"I'm going to my room."
"Where were you from?" He asked as he slowly walked towards you, a frown forming in between his thick brows.
"Work." You curtly answered & tried to move pass him, but he blocked your way.
"What kind of work finishes at 11pm? You didn't come home so late yesterday."
"Didn't you say that you didn't want to know about my job? Now move, I need to take a shower."
You braced yourself & met his eyes. His dark brown eyes stared sternly right into you, making it hard for you to keep eye contact, but you tried your best not to waver. In the end, he was the one who looked away first.
"Don't come home so late again tomorrow. People will talk & start rumors." Taehyung turned his back on you & walked towards his room.
"No." You said to his back, causing him to turn back around.
"What did you say?"
"I said no. You have no right to tell me what or what not to do. I have no obligation towards you."
"Of course you do. You are my spouse." He smirked.
"Yes, but only on paper, like you said yourself. Kim Taehyung ssi, we're nothing but two people stuck together in an unfortunate circumstance. I never ask you where you go or what you do, so I expect you to do the same. I live my own life & you live yours. Good night."
With that, you slammed your room door shut without giving him a chance to say another word.
You leaned on the door, your heart beating at a million miles an hour.
Damn, I can't believe I said that to his face.
A huge grin spread on your face, that was the first time you had the last word during your arguments with him & it felt so good.
He must be furious now, pfftt.. but who cares? Jin is right, I should love myself more & stop letting Taehyung ssi stomp all over me like a piece of trash.

 but who cares? Jin is right, I should love myself more & stop letting Taehyung ssi stomp all over me like a piece of trash

Taehyung's POV
He stared at your closed room door completely baffled.
What has gotten into her? Is she even the same person?
Then, a thought crossed his mind.
That guy. The one who dropped her off yesterday. He must have something to do with this.
"But isn't it good that she's out of your hair now? You can carry on with your life as usual & won't have to be troubled by her existence." His inner thought tried to justify the ongoing situation.
That's right, I don't care about what she does or who she befriends. She's nothing to me.
He convinced himself, not wanting to admit the uneasiness tugging him at the back of his mind.