Husband & Wife

Taehyung POV
He hurriedly rushed to your apartment once he was done with the contract signing.
"Come on, come on, come on." He impatiently waited for the elevator doors to open.
He'd been trying to call you nonstop all the way from his office to your apartment, but you'd never picked up. All kinds of negative thoughts filled his mind.
After what felt like decades, the elevator finally arrived at your floor. He frantically tapped in the passcode & ran through the door.
"Y/n? Yebin?" He searched from to room but none of you were there.
It seemed like you had left in a hurry because the ingredients for dinner were still lying haphazardly on the counter.
"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!!!!" Frustrated, he shouted furiously & pushed his hair back.
"Please don't leave me again. Please." He plopped down on to the sofa & bawled into his palms.
"Appa?" His head instantly jerked up towards the source of the voice.
"Taehyung? Why are you cryi-" You asked as you stared at him wide-eyed, but you didn't get to finish your sentence because he pulled you & Yebin in a fierce hug.
"You're here. You're not leaving. I thought- I thought you-" He sobbed on your shoulder.
"Abeonim was here." You calmly said.
"W-What did he say? Did he say anything hurtful? Please don't listen to him." Taehyung pushed you slightly away & searched your eyes.
"He told me to do a DNA test for Yebin. If she really is your child, then he'll take her away from me. He said he'd pay me to leave you & Yebin." You answered with an unreadable expression.
"And what did you say?" He asked nervously.
"Did you really buy the old apartment building I lived in & move us here? And have you been paying Yebin's tuition fee?" You ignored his question.
"Well.. Y-yes. I'm sorry, I didn't tell you because I knew that you'd decline my help. I swear I didn't have any ulterior motive, I just wanted to take care of you & Yebin." He quickly explained.
You said nothing & stared at him, making him restless.
"Y/n, please say something."
"I don't know. I don't know what to do. Honestly, I've thought of running away but abeonim said that he'd find us." You sighed heavily as tears began to well up in your eyes.
Suddenly, an idea crossed Taehyung's mind but he wasn't sure whether you would agree to it.
"Y/n ah, marry me." He said as he held both your hands in his.
"What?" Your eyes widened in surprise.
"I'd been wanting to tell you this but I was afraid that I would scare you away. I love you Y/n. I always have. Never a day went by without me thinking about you. I kept scolding myself for doing such atrocious things to you & causing you so much pain. Will you please give me another chance to be your husband? This way, you, me & Yebin can truly be a family and abeonim's plan will be ruined. I promise I won't hurt you again, I swear on my lif-"
"Stop. Let me think." You abruptly cut him off.
"Eomma.." Yebi gently tugged your hand & looked up at you.
You smiled weakly at her & directed your gaze back at Taehyung.
"Taehyung ah, I-"

A few days later. Y/n POV
"Is this the result?" Taehyung's dad grabbed the envelope that you slid across the table.
You nodded in silence & crossed your hands on your lap.
"So.. she's really my granddaughter." Satisfied with what he'd read, he laughed out loud.
"As I promised, this is for you. You'll find a blank check inside & a one way ticket to America. You can write whatever number you want on the check."
You took the white envelope from his hand & stared at it for a few seconds. Then, you looked up at him & ripped the envelope without even opening it.
"What are you doing?!" He exclaimed in shock.
"Abeonim, I'll never give Yebin up for money. So I'm sorry, I have to decline your offer. I came here only to show you that Yebin is indeed Taehyung's child, so you'll suffer more for losing both of them. I think after all you'd done to him, you deserve this." You said while staring sternly right into his eyes.
"Losing both of them? What is that supposed to mean?" He asked you quizzically.
"That means that we're legally married & you can't separate us." Taehyung suddenly plopped down beside you & gave his father a copy of your marriage certificate that you'd just received earlier.
"How dare you disobey me?! Aren't you afraid that I'll write you off my wil-"
"Go ahead abeonim. Do it. But before you do that, let me give you one more thing, my resignation letter. I quit. Let's go Y/n." Taehyung abruptly rose from his seat & pulled you up to leave.
"Kim Taehyung, if you leave now, don't ever think of coming back." Abeonim's words were harsh but you could see the panic in his eyes.
Taehyung stopped in his track & turned around to face his father.
"You think you can control me forever with your money, don't you? Guess what father? I don't give a shit about money anymore because what I have right here is much more precious than all the fortune in this world." Taehyung said as he squeezed your hand.
You began to tear up. That moment made you feel certain that you'd made the right decision of agreeing to marry him again.
"So, goodbye father. Enjoy living a lonely life with nothing but money." Taehyung scoffed before pulling you out of the room.
Both of you walked quietly hand-in-hand along the street, each lost in your own thoughts.
"So, what now?" You asked.
"Well, first I need to find a job so that I can support you & Yebin. Don't worry too much, we'll take it one step at a time." He gave you a reassuring smile, but you knew that he was actually anxious for the future.
"Thank you, for choosing us." You hugged his arm & leaned your head on his shoulder.
"I'll always choose you." He kissed the top of your head. "Now, let's put everything aside & go pick up Yebin. We need to celebrate."
"Celebrate what?" You chuckled.
"Celebrate you being my wife again, of course. I'm sorry, I don't think I can afford an extravagant wedding this time. Maybe we can have a small ceremony, but-" He said apologetically.
"Shhh.. I don't need fancy parties. We've done it before already anyway. The most important thing to me is that we can finally be a family now & that's enough."
"Thank you Y/n for giving me another chance. I love you." He wrapped his arms around your waist & stared deep into your eyes.
"I love you too with all my heart." You said as you buried your face inside his warm embrace.

—THE END—

P.S. Thank you so much to all of you who's been following this series :) This has been quite a ride & I really enjoyed writing this one. I will post a bonus chapter with Jin's POV on Instagram, so please check out my ig if you haven't already.
@BTSWRITTEN
@BTSWRITTEN
@BTSWRITTEN
Once again, thank you guys! I'll see you again on the next fanfic :)