Nico

Gods of Olympus I'm such a jackass. I cant believe I let Minos manipulate me. I cant believe I spent SIX! WHOLE! MONTHS! Furious at percy. I cant believe... I sit down and sob on the banks of the river styx . I cant believe I'm like that. Percy had offered to let me stay at camp, but I refused. I told him I didn't think the campers would accept me. But the truth was I couldn't accept myself. If I'm going to wallow in misery I'd rather do it in the underworld where no one can see.

Suddenly I sense a presence. I look up to see none other than my father standing over me. He frowned at me. Not an upset or angry frown. But a confused frown. Like when someone asks Percy a very simple question. That thought sent me into a brand new round of sobs. I don't even care if my dad thinks I'm weak. Hmm hm. Hades clears his throat. I look up to see him with his teeth gritted and an almost nervous look on his face. He slowly pats me on the shoulder. "It's going to be alright", he stammers to me. Ive stopped crying now but my mouth is hanging open and I can only imagine how wide my eyes are. "Right", says Hades regaining his composure. "We need to talk". And he zaps us both back to his palace.

Now sitting in my fathers throne room he looks at me for a second then sighs. "Nico, there's something I want to tell you about your mother". Of all the things I suspected my dad to say that was very near the bottom of the list to say the least. I really had no idea how to respond so I just stayed quiet and stared at my father. "Your mother was a witch Nico". He says simply. My mouth falls open again. We sit in silence for several minutes. "You mean a daughter of Hecate"? I ask. "No". He responds. "You see back when Kronos cut Uranus to pieces his magic spread across the earth and some of it was absorbed by mortals who gained the ability to cast spells through wands. Despite having no godly blood of their own. Your mother was one of these mortals and her family was one of the oldest wizarding families in the world".

I shake my head. "Excuse me", I say to Hades. I pull my dagger out of thin air. And jab it quickly into my own gut. "HOLY HADES". Hades shouts and rushes over to me. He lifts me off the ground and back into my chair, pulls the knife out of my stomach and heals my wound. 'Why did you do that'? He screams at me. 'Trying to wake myself up", I gasp. Hades sighs. "I promise you son everything I have said to you is genuine". I nod. "I figured that out for mysel..." I stop mid sentence. "Did you curse your own name"? I ask my dad. He smirks. "Everyone else does, might as well join them". "What the Styx is happening to me right now?" I practically scream. My father laughs. "Look. What I'm trying to tell you is that you are a wizard as well and I am sending you to a wizard school in Scotland called Hogwarts. Ive already arranged your enrollment with the headmaster and the term starts on the first of September".

My eyes narrow. "What's the catch"? Hades smiles at me kindly. "There's no catch. It's not a quest. I just thought that it might be a good way for you to, how should I put this, figure things out". I looked down. I was embarrassed that he knew how much pain I was in, but grateful that he didn't say it out loud. "Now, Hades continues, there are a few things you need to know. First, the wizards know nothing more about the gods than any other mortal, so keep that to yourself unless it becomes necessary to share. Second, when you arrive at Hogwarts you will have to cross a lake. Ive already received permission from Poseidon. For you to enter his domain on this one instance only. However if in the future you find need to enter the water you will need to make your own arrangements. You other uncle on the other hand has not been as accommodating so I have arranged for you to be excused from flying lessons. Third a teacher will meet you at the leaky cauldron, a wizard pub in England in exactly three hours to help you purchase your school supplies. I have already reserved and paid for a room for you for one week before you need to go to school. Make up any story you want to answer the questions you will inevitably receive".

He pulled a small envelope out of his desk and emptied the contents. Two keys and a leather camp half blood necklace with a battle of the labyrinth bead. He picked up the necklace first and grimaced. "Your cousin pestered his father into giving this to me. And Poseidon pestered me into giving it to you". He handed me the necklace. "He said to give you the message that you are a part of the Olympian family whether you choose it or not and he will not have you be alone".  I snarled. Doesn't he know he's only making me feel worse. But I put the necklace on. Hades proceeded to hand me the keys. "These are to the wizard bank Gringots", he explained. "One is to the Di Angelo family vault, the other is to mine. Take anything you like from either". I raise my eyebrow. "Anything"? I ask almost challengingly. A smirk crosses my fathers face. "You'll understand when you see". I slip the keys onto my necklace. "Are you ready to go"? He asked. I shrug as I pick up my knife. "I suppose". "Go0d luck", he whispers. Then snaps his fingers and the shadows grab me. Then I'm standing outside the dirtiest, dingiest, health code violation of a bar you could ever imagine.