Chapter 6 [edited]

"Whoa! Autumn, what happened in here?" Bella laughed as she stood in the doorway of my bedroom.

Clothes were scattered from one end to the other, thrown across the bed as if a tornado had ripped through my room. I stood in the middle of the floor, rubbing my hands over my face as I tried not to groan.

"I'm freaking out, that's what happened." I grimaced, looking across the room. "Just move the clothes over and find a spot to sit."

"Is this about your date with Jacob tomorrow?" Bella sat cross-legged on the bed, watching me.

"Yeah." I said sheepishly. "Ever since he asked me out four days ago, I've been losing my mind. What do I wear? What do I say? How do I act?"

"You didn't really go on dates back in Michigan, did you?"

"Not really. Unless you count school dances and football games. And even then, we hung out with our friends most of the time."

"Well, I never had a real boyfriend either, so I won't be much help. But I may know someone who can," Bella pulled out her phone and began to text furiously.

Fifteen minutes later, Jessica and Angela appeared in my bedroom. They both gasped as they took in the sight of scattered wardrobe.

"Whoa, Bella was right." Jessica whistled. "You do need help."

"Where do we start first?"

"First, we're going to clean up this mess," Angela said, motioning to herself and Bella. "Jessica is going to go through your makeup and search Google to find the perfect makeup and hair look for you."

"You," Jessica added, "are going to sit in the chair and let us work our magic."

I sat down at my desk as instructed and watched silently as Angela and Bella began to hang up shirts and dresses in my closet while Jessica took over the bed, snagging my laptop from the desk in the process.

"Well, there really isn't anything for her to wear on a first date with Jacob," Angela said, hanging up the last piece of clothing. "Maybe we should take her out shopping."

"Oooh yes!" Jessica squealed. "There's a sale in Port Angeles at my favorite store. I know we can find something there!"

"Do you want to come with us?" Angela asked Bella.

"Sure," Bella glanced at her phone. "As long as we're back before six. Edward is coming to pick me up then; his family invited me to play baseball with them."

"You, play baseball?" I teased.

"More like I'm going to watch." She laughed.

"Let's go, then!" Jessica shooed us downstairs, eager to go shopping.

"Bye, Mom!" I called over my shoulder as I pulled on my favorite booties. "We're going to Port Angeles for a while!"

"Be safe!" Mom called back from the kitchen.

"Shotgun!" Jessica hollered as I closed the front door behind us. Angela shook her head as she climbed into the driver seat while Bella and I slid into the backseat.

A half-hour later, we found ourselves inside Darla's Boutique, browsing through racks for what Jessica called "the perfect first date look." Splitting up, we each took an end of the shop, picking out different clothes for me to try on. Once Jessica was satisfied that we had enough outfits to choose from, she ushered me into a changing room.

"Ta-da!" I flung open the curtains that separated the changing room from the waiting area. The first outfit I tried on was a navy high waist floral pleated skirt and a burgundy long sleeve shirt, courtesy of Jessica.