Jersey

Aaron stayed with Jay after tryouts so he could talk with coach Jenkins. All four of the girls were in Evie and Mals dorm and Ryder was with Ben and Carlos, helping the latter practice, "I could really use a tough guy like you. The team's a bunch of princes, if you know what I mean."

Aaron's face fell, "Hey!" the prince called offended. "What about me and Ryder? We're not bad."

"We'll Ryder and Aaron are okay; Ryder's pretty good cause his dad was a thief, taught him to defend himself you know, and he was trained to be a guard his whole life. Aaron bud you're just a mermaid," Jay laughed at Aarons flushed face. The boy shook off the embarrassment and glared at his coach good naturedly, he could tell it was all a joke. Jay was a little surprised to hear that Ryder and Ella's dad was a thief and they let him stay in Auradon, but then again, he really didn't know that much about Rapunzel and Eugene's story; he mostly tuned out Gothel in selfishness 101.

"You're telling me. It's all, 'after you, old chum." Oh, pardon me, did I bump into you?' Where I come from It's, "prepare to die, sucker!" As my father says," he slowly started to stand up, "'the only way to win is to make sure everyone else loses!'"

Aaron carefully took his arm making sure Jay saw what he was doing, "Calm down buddy," he patted his shoulder."

"You Rip-"

"I don't even wanna know what you were gonna say."

Couch gave Aaron a thankful look and then started to elaborate, "Let me explain a team. Uh, It's like a family."

"You do not want to be at my house at dinner time," that made Aaron think, he was always for the Relocation program. Of course, he was he had chosen Evie. Jay saying that made him think about what he could do to help. The isle was technically owned by all of the four kingdoms. Tirulia has just as much say in what happened to the isle as Auradon. Usually, the other four kingdoms left it to Adam since he was the most passionate about the isle. They had sent money and resources every month but that was about it. They figured he would do right by the inhabitants. 

Clearly, they were wrong. He would have to speak to his father, unlike Ben the heirs of the other three kingdoms would take control of the countries at eighteen rather than sixteen. It was still young but at least they could enjoy high school without having to juggle it and ruling a whole kingdom.

Aaron snapped out of his thoughts and tried to explain a team to Jay in a different way, "Okay, um... Oh you know how a body has a lot of different parts? The legs, elbows, ears. But they all need each other. Well, that's what a team is... different players who work together to win." Aaron looked at Jay's face and realized that he might not be making much sense. "Did that make any sense? We can do it If we work together. We can win."

The older boy then grinned viciously, "Can I be the fist?"

He was going to objected but then sighed, "If it helps you understand and us beat the falcons this year then yea, be the fist all you want," Aaron relented.

Couch Jenkins pulled out his new jersey, with a big number 8, on the back. Aaron patted his back and congratulated him.

~Evie and Mal's dorm~

Jay walked in showing off his jersey in a particularly good mood thanks to Aaron. His hair was still tied back in the bun Ella had put it in. He didn't feel like taking it out, his hair was finally out of his face. "Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going to see the wand?" He asked.

Mal groaned irritably, "Do you think I would be going through every spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out."

"Ooo someone's mad," Carlos teased.

"My mom is counting on me. I can't let her down."

"We can do this," Jay hesitated for a moment, "if we stick together." Jay felt bad saying that, using the words that Aaron taught him when he was planning to go against him in the end, him and Ella.

Mal nodded, not seeing or not acknowledging his inner battle, "and we won't go back till we do cause we're rotten."

"To the core," they all finished.

Evie then remembered something she learned from Doug, "Oh, yeah. I found out that fairy godmother blesses Ben with the wand at the coronation, All the kingdom heirs will be up front and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course," they all looked at her like she was crazy. "What?" there was a knock on the door.

Mal held up a finger as she walked to the door, "hold that thought."

Mal opened the door and on the other side was Ben, "Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering If you had any questions or anything... That... you needed..." He trailed off not really sure where he was going with this. 

"Not that I know of," she said, looking around and pretending to genuinely think.

"Okay. All right. Well, uh, if you need anything, just, uh..."

"Oh, wait actually um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"

"Yeah, the whole school goes," he said with a slight smile.

The gears in her head started working, "Wow. That is beyond exciting. Do you think that It's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness?" Mal asked a plot forming in her head.

"I wish you could. Up front It's just me, my folks, Ella, Jazzy, Ryder, Aaron and their parents my girlfriend and if they had partners."

"Your girlfriend? And their partners? "

"Yea sorry."

"Anyway Okay. thanks, bye," Mal said, shutting the door.

Mal shut the door, "Oh, but, no, there's plenty of..." he tried but it was too late the door had already closed.

"I think It's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend and one of the others started dating again. And I need a love spell." Carlos tossed her, her spell book and she threw him a smirk with her tongue between her teeth. She couldn't make all of them randomly start dating each of them, it would be suspicious especially since she didn't know which Jazzy and Aaron swung in the way of Romance, but she was sure about Ella, and she could already tell Ella was a lot like her mother. 

Published: May 18th, 2020
Updated/ Edited: Jan 15, 2023