[12] Secrets

Monokuma cleared his throat. "Ahem! Now then, let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! During the trial, you'll present your arguments for who the culprit is, and vote for 'whodunnit.' Vote correctly and only the blackened will be punished. But if you pick the wrong person... I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and that person will graduate from this academy! Also, refusing to vote will result in your death, so you better vote for someone! Now then, let's get the crazy, awesome, crazy-awesome trial underway!"

"Sorry everyone, but I don't think I'm gonna be much help this time." Katio scratched the back of his head.

Ichika smiled brightly. "Don't worry! You were never any help at the previous trials anyways!" 

"H-Hey!"

"...Who did it?" Himiko looked at everyone darkly, "Who killed Chabashira and Yonaga?"

"Don't let your emotions hasten your judgement. There may be two killers." Korekiyo said.

"So... our other culprit... might nooot be one of us heeeere..." Tsumugi dragged out her words.

"Hm? What do you mean?" Gonta asked.

"The traaaansfer stuuuudent... Maybe our resurrected transfer student dragged Chabashira-san and Yonaga-san into the grave..."

"S-Stop it! Stop making stuff up!" Kaito screeched.

"Say something Saihara." Maki demanded. "It'll be a mess if this keeps going on."

"This crime was committed by the recently deceased. They came back to life and killed two of our classmates!" Tsumugi exclaimed.

"Noooooo!!!" Kaito cried out in alarm.

"Well, considering the circumstances we're under right now, that might seem possible..." Ichika played with the drawstrings of her jumper. "But I really don't think the ritual succeeded at all."

"Aki-san is right. Yonaga-san's ritual didn't succeed. According to the Necronomicon Monokuma showed us... You have to burn the Necronomicon in the ritual. If Yonaga-san's ritual had succeeded, the book would have been gone."

"So she was killed before the ritual since the book was still in one piece." Ichika hummed. "What a shame. I was hoping we could actually communicate with a spirit. Then again, the idea of the dead coming back to life is boo-sheet." Ichika grinned.

"D-Don't make puns like that dammit!" Kaito barked at Ichika, still shivering.

"Then... I think Amami-kun is probably not the culprit then...." Gonta hummed.

"Oh... I guess you're right." Tsumugi said.

"W-Well duh. There's no way a dead person could... r-resurrect." Kaito stammered

"Now hold on a second! I can't let that comment stand!" Monokuma interrupted. "Sure, everybody knows that you can't bring the dead back to life... But it's easy at the ultimate academy! As long as you use the Necronomicon!"

"Wh-What are you talking about!?" Kaito trembled. "There's no way that's possible..."

"But it's true. I never lie about motives."

Kokichi grinned. "Oooh? So, resurrecting the dead was actually possible this whole time?"

Ichika gasped. "That's so cool!"

"There's no way that could happen, idiots." Maki interjected. "Monokuma is trying to confuse us. Let's hurry up and find out who the blackened is."

"If our culprit isn't the transfer student, then the blame falls on one of us," Korekiyo stated.