CHAPTER 35b

A/N: Not Edited.

Chapter 35b – Rainy POV

Before leaving – no not leaving, before I was taken, I had no secrets from Logan, none at all, it was pointless as he was my best friend as was Chris. Now I was back and I had so many, but this one, right now was just to spare his feelings. He built the house I dreamed of before I learned of the evils in this world; it was a large pill to swallow that evil sometimes lurked in the shadows of your own home.

The view was excellent, perched almost on a flush green hill, wrapping around mountains the place was beautiful, three floors apparent from the front and four from the back, a tranquil back yard decorated with small ponds, boulders and medium sized trees. We entered and the first thing I saw was the dining room to my left and an open door with two women sitting inside, along with many screens.

Twenty feet away a large staircase that branched off to the right and left turning me to the left Logan lead us all past a large kitchen, down the hall until to my right was a pool the length of the whole inner house. Lifting the children we followed him down stairs, and to my surprise the wall to the right was just the pool. Walking to the end of the hall we turned right and opened the door exposing a family type room.

Painted in soft beige and sage, six bunk-beds lined the far wall, and in between each bunk was a fold out bed already prepared. The opposite wall had a small void, and when I went to check I found a staircase matching the one we used to come down here. Turning around I wiggled my toes against the sage green carpet that was softer than anything I had felt in so long.

Once everyone was settled in and on bunks or wall beds, the women we hired found lounge chairs and sat not interfering. The child still apprehensive eyed them, and I knew their presence would make the babies wary, but they needed to observed and get accustomed to having them around.

I saw on the edge of my bed, where Chris had placed Nicole and Michelle, taking them from their car seats resting against the headboard, relaxed, changing a diaper.

Coming down from the stair I spied, a voice traveled to us first, “Chris dear can we come down?” a voice I knew instantly was Grace.

Checking with me first, he replied, “Sure mom,” his voice doing things to me, strange things, but I couldn’t think about what it was exactly because Grace followed by Lucy, and Olive – the woman from the plane – came down holding one large box each placing them gently on the floor before us. Chris stood, Michelle in his arms, and walked over to the box but before bending over he faltered facing the babies and I instead.

“Momma is this new room?” Keith asked me his voice shaking, and I can hear the fear, and the true meaning of that question. What he was really asking ‘was the hurting going to start again?’

“No,” Chris was quick to answer, his voice normal, but almost too harsh in the eyes of what my – our – children have been through, even Nicole was startled by his tone, her chin wobbling, but when she tried to look around that stopped.

“Sorry,” he apologized, sighing, shame in his eyes, “this isn’t your new room, any of yours… however this is your home. For now, everyone will sleep here, but eventually, when you are ready, all of you have your own rooms. It’s on the top floor of this house, and safe, but I know you guys would prefer being together so for now, you can stay here.”  Keith just nodded and I wondered if he understood. Chris beckon his mother and Lucy forward, “This is my mom and little sister, they helped make this room nice for you guys but they also got each of you two toys.”