6: Ice Princess

Natalie
"I meant I can handle myself thank you", I said as I waited for him to leave me to be alone with my thoughts. I heard the door open as I waited to get up, he entered back in with a bowl of noodles in his hand. Comfort food.

"I can feed you", he said looking confused. I chuckled as if I couldn't care for myself. A sharp pain came to my side as I made eye contact with him as he saw me hold my side.

"We need a doctor", he said as I screamed at him. If my father found out I would be dead and so would she. He came running back as I knew I needed to tell him.

"Please don't tell my father", I said as he looked confused.

"It'll just worry him", I said as he understood it. He nodded as I bit into the noodle tasting each flavor of such a simple, but comforting meal. He took a seat on the chair as he stared at me with his piercing hazel eyes.

"What, Do I have something on my face", I laughed as I wiped my chin.

"No it's not that, you are just so beautiful", He said as my cheeks went red with fury.

"Let's play 20 questions", he said as I couldn't have been more surprised by his unconditional friendliness of course, he now wants to be a jolly ole' good friend after he saw me hurt. Men can be so predictable it's scary.

"I'm nice, not that nice, I'm in pain and you're feeling guilty so why don't you take your pity to someone who needs it, maybe to the girl from last night, she sounded fun", my snarky attitude made him snarl. He played with fire and so I torched his house. A cup of good looks and a suddenly new friendliness would get him nowhere in life, especially with me.

"I'm trying here, the least you could do is try", he said as I thought about it and an answer I only needed one syllable to say came out.

"No", I said as when he heard my unapologetic and easy answer he stood up and began walking away.

"Maybe you could've tried last night, oh wait you were busy rearranging someone's brains last night, how was she, go ahead and tell me ALL about it since we're such good friends now", I could see his fists getting riled up and I knew by tomorrow I would be kicked out on the streets.

"God, what is wrong with you, I'm just trying to help", he snarled as I looked at him with fury.

"Did you ever ask me if I needed help? No, you didn't. I don't need help from someone who can't even help themselves see, just how arrogant, close-minded, selfish, ruthless and ignorant they are, work on that then come find me", I sent him away and I hoped and prayed he cried, he deserves it.

He stormed back in and I could see how severely damaged his ego was.

"What is your issue?",he stormed back into the room.

"You expect me to believe your new idea of actually being nice to me, I don't fall easily and by your refusal of my response I can tell you will never be able too, you may have money, you may have a beautiful house, but something you will never have is a heart", I spoke coldly of the pain that lingered in me, not only from the arrogant specimen that stood before me, but from every man who has ever damaged me.

"You are quite feisty", he merely said as I couldn't help but laugh at him internally. He couldn't refute these accusations that he knew were true so instead he compliments me, what a childish thing to do.

"Has no one ever told the rich boy no? Get over yourself and grow up", I spat at him as the pain sharpened. I didn't let him see the weakness that dwelled up in me.

"Don't act like you're any different. You live a lavish lifestyle, you have no career and you live off daddy's paycheck, at least I work a job I make my own money, you're just a spoiled little girl", his words showed me who he was. He wasn't afraid to damage anyone and I wasn't either,but I had a boundary and a line where it became too much. He saw the tear that fell from my eyes as his damaging words kept flowing.

"Get out", tears spewed from my eyes and he stood their wanting answers I couldn't give him.

"I SAID GET THE HELL OUT", I screamed at the top of my lungs, he pushed my boundaries, too far. He walked out calmly as I felt myself fall apart as the door closed.

The night was silent other than the constant pacing against the floorboard downstairs. He had a lot to think about or maybe he's just getting us divorce papers. The door creaked open, and I could tell it was him from the cold energy that just submerged the heat.

"Save your apologies-", I quickly said as the room became silent.

"Save your words, I just came to grab my lucky pen to sign our divorce papers, goodnight Ice Princess", he slammed the door shut as I began to fear what would happen to me if he divorced me, I would be back on the streets and my sister would be dead at the evil hands of the true Ice King.

The morning was cold just like my heart according to Nolan. I began to climb out of the warm bed that had made me feel strangely comforted. The stairs were an easy task as I walked sideways down them to see Nolan sleeping on the couch. For a moment I wanted someone pull the sheets up when they rolled off of me and to hold my hand when the world felt like it was balancing on my shoulders. But I would never have that with him, his cold exterior was too close to mine except the difference was he used girls and his nonchalant behavior to cover up his and I never got close to anyone for them to find it.

"You don't seem like the type to daydream, care to share your icy dream with me Ice Princess?", my eyes snapped open,and just in time to see him stretch,as much as I was mad, raging even I couldn't deny his body was anything to be held against him.

"Don't tell me, you were dreaming about me, I am honored to fill your mind", he gawked as I made my way over to the barstools.

"Yeah you were burning in a fire,happy?", I said and he happily nodded.

"Why don't we just make the most of this? Come on it could be fun, our cold hearts could even like each other." He generally suggested it and as mad as I was, I knew it was what had to be done.

"Are you forgetting you cheated on me? I mean if I had cared that much you would be on the streets along with your extensive bachelor pad items, nobody needs that many shot glasses and this place reeks of cologne",I commented. I felt his exterior lean over me.

"You love the smell of my cologne, face it the mattress wasn't the only reason you slept so good last night", he was right as much as I knew he didn't deserve to be right,he was.

"I think it was just the mattress", I made my way into the kitchen as he crept behind me.

"Look I'm sorry for yesterday and the days before that", he sounded genuine and I wanted to believe him,but something in me knew we could never be good together.

"The last time I mistook your presence for an apology, you told me you were signing me away, what happened to our divorce and your lucky pen?", I grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen and went back to the barstools.

"The world knows and business is going up, so looks like you'll have tolerate me for a while, and besides if we end up getting a divorce,both of our families won't be happy about this", he said truthfully and I knew for me it only meant that and more.

"You're right, but that doesn't mean I like you", I said knowing my words would only get me in trouble.

"Yet", he whispering into my ear.