19: Afraid to Fall

His eyes showed a strong blue, his lips a light pink, and his eyes oh I just always came back to them. His blue pearl eyes traced mine as I admired each one of his features. His shaggy hair, along with each bristle of brown hair. He was hot and our moments where he tested and challenged me were even hotter.

He slowly leaned his head in. My moment was coming, it was my moment and to believe I actually wanted it. I lifted my head just a bit, I wanted the whole deal. Fireworks and butterflies filling my stomach.

"ooo", a tiny voice echoed as Nolan raised his head and quickly got off me. There go my fireworks, bye-bye. I peeked at the door and saw Leah, standing there with a smile and teddy close to her chest.

"Leah", Nolan looked disappointed, the feeling was mutual, buddy. His head went straight into his hands as he brushed his luscious brown locks.

"What, mommy told me to call you for dessert", she said not making the situation any better. I wanted the experience of a first kiss, we already had shared a couple and they were great, but I wanted the sparks flying feeling, the erupting kiss of how it feels to kiss someone you actually like.

"We'll be down in a second ", I politely said noticing the tension in the air. Nolan gave me a look, as in saying 'really' very sarcastically. God, that man is driving me crazy and not the good kind.

"I'm gonna get my kiss", he smoothly said making his way over to me as he reached me and his hands went straight to my hair. Would it look weird if I touched his hair, god I really want too, yeah we're not doing that?

"I'm getting it very soon", he whispered into my ear as he brushed the lock back. His lips gave them a little kiss, as he suddenly let go of me. What a tease. His lips so smooth and I could feel the heat of his voice against my neck, so hot.

He made his way to the door as he left me stunned and ashamed. That stare he gave me as he carried on not even looking affected by the moment we just had.

"Aren't you coming, Cara Mia?", he reached his hand out as he stopped at the door. His grin was such a distraction to what I was focused on. I was focused on the dessert, but it seemed like Nolan could be mine. Oh my goodness, did I just.

"I can be your dessert if you want me too", he said as he left leaving me to hate myself extraordinarily. Since when do some of my thoughts escape my head and make it out of my mouth.

I quickly slid off the bed and made my way to the door, of his childhood treehouse. I peeked out of the curtained window, to see Nolan pacing back in forth. Damn his fingers were in his hair. He's waiting for me, right?

I opened the painted door as my eyes fell to the floor, which was 10, 11, 12 steps down. That's quite far, QUITE FAR noo more like an eternity far away. Oh my lord, I'm gonna barf.

I was brave, but now I'm just extremely terrified. I spent three minutes pondering what I should do and yes three minutes I counted all 180 seconds of three minutes. And then my eyes met a sweetheart, Nolan his eyes reminded me of ice tea.

"Need some help". his hands fidgeted in his pocket as his eyes were focused on mine. He made his way over to me as he climbed the 12 stairs two at a time, with his eyes always on mine. God, why does he do that?

"Maybe, I'm just maybe... afraid", I played with my fingers as he searched my eyes for an answer. His eyes never wandered, away from my eyes. He couldn't meet them, but it was like he was looking into my soul.

"I'm afraid of heights, there I said it", I felt a whole weight being lifted off my shoulders, as I waited for laughter. How could a 23-year-old be afraid of heights? But instead, I was surprised no laughter came sputtering out of his mouth, instead of a simple but heartfelt answer.

"Why are you afraid of heights?", he seemed to physically care, as he asked me the question that had puzzled my mind ever since mom took me on a hike.

"I guess I'm afraid to fall", I simply said as I had just related it to everything in my life. I was afraid of life, itself. He looked empathetic, and it looked as if he understood the pain, I felt.

"Here close your eyes", he said as I was almost afraid of what he was doing, to me. Was I going to be thrown off, cause I should get over my fear? I hate those people, it's not that easy to get over something that's haunted you for almost all of your life.

"Wait, what are you doing", I questioned him as I was truly afraid of being pushed off this tiny ledge. His hands grabbed my trembling hands and smoothed them out. He swung me over his shoulder as I could feel the screaming, that my throat was currently preparing for.

"PUT ME DOWN", I burst as I squealed in his touch. His hands rested lightly on my back as I didn't feel uncomfortable nor, unsafe, we just weren't there. I heard the steps all 12 of them, I peeked my eyes open as I saw the sweet sweet sweet green grass underneath me. I flailed out of his arms as I kissed the sunny, hot grass.

"Thank you", we were walking side by side, as he slowly glanced at me in acceptance. His hands still stuffed in his pockets, and his hair all scrunched up. He looked mad hot.

"Are you afraid of anything, Mr. Toughguy?", he always acted that he wasn't affected by the "silly" things. He acted as if he merely didn't care when deep down I know he did.

"Growing up, I used to watch how my dad treated my mom how they were so in love, I guess I'm afraid I'll never find that or that I'll find the one but let her go", his heart exploded to me, he was simply afraid to love. He was afraid of the whole she-baggage the commitment, the trust, not only lust but love. He believed in soulmates, I could tell he may be too guyish to admit that, but I saw the way he looked out into the sky looking for someone looking for her.

"You're afraid of love", I stopped my tracks as he looked at me in admittance. I kept walking as he finally caught up with me. He has too high expectations, but he seemed like every night he would pray to make those come true.