Chapter Fifteen: When the Gazelle Rejoins the Heard

(TW// Brief scene of self harm contemplation in chapter

(TW// Brief scene of self harm contemplation in chapter.) 

Kashera

There was virtually no betrayal that compared to your "significant other" powering ahead on a television show you were supposed be binge watching together. I didn't understand that until moments ago when the handsome idiot on the other side of my screen let it slip that he went ahead on the show that we'd started watching together this weekend. I was typing adamantly on my laptop, tuning out the plethora of excuses that was spewing from the traitor's mouth until his voice picked up. I looked at the screen with an eyebrow raised as I tried to understand who it was that he thought he was talking to. He took a huff and shook his growing hair out from in front of his eyes.

"There literally is no reason to be mad at me, Kashera! I only went into the episode five minutes!" Matteo exclaimed. 

I could see the exasperated look on his face as he tried to reason with me about the absolutely  unreasonable. He was really cute, I thought. I also thought about how cute Klaus Mikaelson was and how he stole five extra minutes of looking at him without me. To further add insult to injury he called me Kashera. Last time I checked I was Bella, Cara, Bella-Cara, or Bambina: I didn't understand this other that he referred to me as. I casted a bored look at him before I entertained him with a response.

"Kashera? I'm Kashera now? Interesting," I said plainly making him groan.

 At this I couldn't hold back a small smirk. I truly wanted to laugh, but then he'd think all was forgiven and it was far from. As he stated it was only five minutes, and that could be forgiven. However, what couldn't be forgiven was the fact that he completely disregarded the principle of the matter at hand and went ahead without me in the first place. He shouldn't have even considered going on without me. He was a big mafia man or whatever: something told me that he could've easily found some way or another to occupy his time.

"Matteo, look, all I'm saying is that If I'd done it you be walking around with a stick up your ass. We're literally an episode away from the finale, and we agreed that we would finish it all tonight. You can't sit here and say you don't understand why I'm a wee-bit upset," I said to him as I continued to work.

"Bambina, all I'm saying is that I would forgive you. Don't turn this into something that it isn't. I will act as if I never saw anything if that will make you happy. You're so spoiled," He said mumbling the last part. I let out a gasp as I actually picked up the phone and he let out a curse when he noticed that. "Did I say spoiled? I meant special. So amazingly special. Which is why I would do anything for you, including forgiving you," He recovered but of course his smug ass couldn't keep a straight face.

"First you try to deflect and make yourself seem innocent and like I'm the problem. Then you have the nerve to call me spoiled. I have to laugh at that one, because if I was it would be purely your fault. You know what? Get off of my phone. I'm officially over you for today," I said rolling my eyes before I hung up. He tried calling me back, but I pressed decline just as Brooklyn entered the office. She eyed me curiously before laughing.