Chapter Thirty-Four: When the Lioness Sees Herself Again as the Gazelle

Kashera

Kashera

When I woke up four days ago to the news that Matteo, Clementine, and Katerina had all disappeared I literally threw up. My chest felt tight, and I had to have my mother and Marcus talk me through a rising panic attack until my doctor rushed in to bring it down. My head was spinning trying to understand what in the hell made them think that going ghost on anybody was remotely okay or what I needed, and Brooklyn was right along with me. Neither of us could get in touch with our respective Leone counterparts, and though I was forced to calm down for the sake of my recovery, Brooklyn was seething enough for the both of us.

Katerina hadn't said a word to her when she left, instead she kissed her goodbye and ghosted her just as Matteo had done me. Clementine's phone would still ring, but I knew he had me on some kind of Do Not Disturb. It was driving us up our respective walls, and it showed in our differing ways. I was being forced to eat by my parents, all three of them, who had refused to leave my side through all of this unlike the children of two of them.

My mother had been playing nice, but she wasn't shy in letting it be known how much she wanted to get her hands on my boyfriend. Not that anybody was disagreeing with her notion at all. Papa had gone to great lengths to ensure that I knew how much he wanted to strangle his kids himself. Mama Alina had all but solidified that her children, especially her eldest, were dead men walking and once that declaration was said we didn't bother to speak on them again. We all were trying to make do, but the lingering questions often filled the air making it a task for anyone to find any type of comfort.

To make matters worse, I had been sick since the surgery with no sure signs of relief. My doctor let me know it was a side-affect of my anesthesia, but that didn't take the edge off. Despite my irritation, she was still careful in giving me any medications that wouldn't clash with my already low dosage painkillers because of my medical history. Once they caught wind of that, the patient doctor made sure to keep an observant watch on any medications being given to me and my rising stress levels.

At first it was a bit tedious and annoying, but as I got ready to finally leave this place, I was more than thankful for her watchful eye. My spells still came in small intervals, but it was nowhere near as bad as it was when I initially came to. I also was a great deal more cautious of how much stress I put into worrying about Matteo, Clementine, and Kat.

I made the executive decision to curse them all to hell and back when they finally decided to show their faces, but I couldn't be bothered with them right now when I was trying to make a speedy recovery with absolutely no complications. They'd made their choice on how to handle the situation, and it was only fair that I made my own.

I wanted them all to come home to me safely and in tact, but I also wanted some damn good explanations regarding their disappearance. I knew it had something to do with Anfernee, and I trusted them to handle themselves, but I preferred for them to be here. It hurt knowing that I woke up to not as much as a voicemail from the love of my life.