Chapter 28

Chapter 28

                                Three Years Later

                “This is hideous.” Clarice sighed, staring at her reflection in the mirror. She was wearing a large wedding gown that was tight from the waist up, but the bottom puffed up drastically. It looked more of a Disney princess costume than a potential wedding dress. Clarice pouted as she stared at the atrocious looking wedding dress, before she stripped out of it. “I swear, I’m never going to be able to find the perfect dress.”

                “Don’t say that.” I assured her, as I handed her the seventh wedding down that she was going to try on today. “You’ll find one, for sure. This place is huge.”

                Clarice pursed her lips, before she put on the next wedding dress. I had to admit that it wasn’t the worst dress out there, but I knew that it wasn’t extravagant enough to please Clarice. It was just a bit too dull and plain for someone as unique as Clarice. Clarice came to the wedding dress boutique today, in the hopes of finding a wedding dress that showed off her curves, had a sweetheart neckline, and had crystals all over the bust.

                “I hate this dress.” Her negative comment confirmed my predictions. She groaned, before she took a seat on the couches beside me, leaning back and closing her eyes. “Who knew wedding preparations were going to be so hard? I mean, I still have to meet up with the florist to get the centerpieces, and then I have to find my bridesmaid’s dresses, and do cake tasting.”

                I gave her a weak smile. “Hey, the last one doesn’t sound too bad.”

                She gave me a bland look, before she let out a long sigh. “But, when it’s all over, Damian and I are going to a relaxing honeymoon vacation in the Bahamas.”

                “And while you guys will be enjoying the sun, I’ll be studying for my midterms.” I groaned. Clarice suddenly turned to me with a weak smile on her face, a mischievous glint in her eyes. I slapped the palm of my hand to my forehead, as I gave her a dull look. “What do you want?” I asked.

                “Well,” Clarice gave me a puppy dog look, “since Damian and I are going to be gone for a whole week, we needed someone to babysit Aiden.”

                My eyes widened, as I shook my head. “No, Clarice.” As much as I loved spending time with Aiden, I couldn’t flunk on my midterms. “I can’t!”

                “I know it’s going to be a lot of work, but I can get my friend Liam to help you out!” Clarice promised, giving me a hopeful smile.

                Oh, I know where this was going.

                Clarice has been trying to set me up with one of her friends that are in her college classes for the past two years now. Apparently, Liam is some kind of heir to an oil company in South America. As Clarice would say, Liam is a “real catch”.

                “No, Clarice.” I sighed.

                Clarice huffed, as she crossed her arms stubbornly. “Why not?” she pouted. “You haven’t been with anyone since Alex! It’s time to move on.”

                I glared at her, as I rolled my eyes. “I’ll move on when I want to move on, Clarice. God, I can’t believe you’re even bringing him up.”

                Clarice gave me a guilty look, as she sighed. “Look, I’m sorry, okay? I just don’t want my best friend to grow old because of some guy that broke her heart in high school.”