We're Stronger Together

CHAPTER 25

CHAPTER 25

"Help me, Mal!" Celia calls out.

"Yeah, save your little friend, Mal!" Audrey yells causing Mal's eyes to turn green as she is covered in purple smoke before emerging as a dragon. Mal flies to the top of the building to find Celia and Audrey. Mal blows a fire ball at Audrey, who uses the scepter to absorb it. Audrey then tries to zap Mal with the scepter.

"Uma!" Ally calls as she catches up to Uma and Harry.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia calls as Audrey grabs her.

"We have to help Mal," Ally tells Uma, who nods before they run to where Audrey and Mal are battling.

"Careful not to fry your little V.K. buddy," Audrey taunts Mal, who then tries to ignite the ember with her flame.

"She doesn't stand a chance without the ember," Uma says as she, Ally, and Harry watch from below.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia calls again. Audrey then zaps Mal's wing causing her to start falling.

"We're stronger together," Uma calls as her necklace starts glowing and Mal keeps herself from hitting the ground. Uma and Ally share a nod before Ally's hair turns to blue flames. "We're stronger together! We're right here, Mal! Regain your might and ignite. We're right here, girl. We're right here. Regain your might and ignite!" Mal holds out the ember as Uma's necklace pulls the water from it. Ally throws a purple flame at it and it regains it's glow. Ally looks at her hands confused by the color. Her Maleficent side must have came through.

"Yes!" Harry cheers as Uma laughs excitedly.

"You got this, Mal! I believe in you!" Ally calls to her sister.

"You want a piece of this, huh?" Audrey taunts Celia.

"No, no!" Celia cries as she cowers. Mal appears behind Audrey, who turns towards her laughing evilly. Audrey tries to zap Mal but she uses the power of the ember to fight back as her eyes start shining blue.

"Go, Mal!" Celia cheers.

"Go, Mal! You got this! You got this, girl!" Uma cheers on from below as she and Ally hold hands because of the suspense. The ember starts to over power the scepter and with a mighty roar from Mal, the ember wins.

"Yeah! Come on!" Harry cheers before he and Uma hug. Mal is covered in blue smoke as she lands on the roof. Ally imagines herself on the roof and with a blink she is there.

"Mal!" Celia says as she runs and hugs Mal. Ally walks over to Audrey to find her not moving.

"Celia. It's okay. I've got you," Mal says as she hugs her back. Mal then walks over to Audrey, who hasn't moved. "Audrey? Oh, no." Mal tries to use the ember to wake her before handing it to Ally for her to try but her father's voice plays in her head, 'You're only half Hades. The ember won't do everything for you two that it does for me.'

Ben, Evie, Carlos, Dude, and Jay are no longer stone.

"Where's Ally and Mal?" Jay asks worried about Ally.

"Come on. Let's go," Ben tells them.

"She's slipping away," Evie says from where she sits beside Audrey's bed. Mal sits on the other side of Audrey's bed, as they watch over her. Mal shares a look with Ally before letting out a sigh.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades," Mal explains.

"Hades?" Ben asks. "He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it."

"Actually, he might do it for me. He's my father," Mal tells him causing everyone to look at her in shock.

"And if he doesn't do it for her then he should do it for me, since you know he's my father as well," Ally explains.

"Okay. Well, I'll have to send guards to get him," Ben says as he tries to process everything.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride," Uma tells him. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it."

"Well, then, you will need your first mate," Harry says as he walks over to Uma.

"The Isle will be in very good hands," Mal tells Uma with a smile. Uma looks at Ally sadly knowing it won't be the same without her.

"Can I go, too? I wish I could be in both places," Celia asks causing Mal to look down sadly.

"I really think that Evie and Ally were right," Mal says as she stands up. "And... I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserved so much better than that."

"You were just trying to do the right thing," Jay tells her before looking at Ally with a small smile.

"Yeah," Uma agrees before Mal looks over to Evie sadly.

"I get it," Evie says as she stands as well.

"I'll go with the guards to make sure my father comes," Ally says causing Mal to look at her with a thankful smile.

"No," Jay says knowing that she would stay there. "You just got here."

"Jay, the Isle is my home and I can't abandon it," Ally tells him with a sad smile as she hold back tears.

"It'll have Uma and Harry. Ally, please don't go," Jay argues as he holds back tears as well.

"Like Celia said, I wish I could be in both places. And if the barrier is being closed for good I need to be there to help protect it. Plus my dad will be there. I was never meant for Auradon because I'll always be a VK," Ally explains as the tears start to fall. She didn't want to leave Jay or her sister but the Isle was all she has ever known. Jay wipes some of her tears away knowing that it is pointless to argue with her once her mind is set. Ally kisses Jay and he pulls her as close to him as he possibly can. "This isn't goodbye forever. It's goodbye for now."

"I love you, Ally," Jay says before Ally hugs him not wanting to let go.

"And I love you, Jay," Ally says with a giggle kissing his cheek before following Uma and Harry out of the room.