Ch.10

"Where is this concert again?"

"Just follow me."

"Why can't you just tell me?"

"Because that's not how surprise works."

Eddy was walking slowly in small steps, holding Brett's hand tightly while being blindfolded. His eyes were covered with a Naruto headband, which Brett got from Eddy for his birthday last year.

It was a Saturday night and Eddy had agreed to go on this 'date' with Brett which he thought was funny because they literally hung out every single day. How would this Saturday outing be any different from their 'study date' or 'practice date'? 

Well, maybe that was why Brett decided to prepare a surprise for their first date? Hmmm...

"Mate, are we almost there?" Eddy asked as he shivered and sneezed. 

"Give me one second." said Brett. Eddy paused as Brett stopped walking and let out his hand. He thought that maybe Brett was figuring out directions until he felt being wrapped by Brett's warm denim jacket.

Isn't he sweet? Eddy couldn't help but smile. "Thanks, mate. But let me know when you need it back, OK?"

"It's fine. I feel hot anyway." Brett shrugged. It would make a bad first date if Eddy ends up getting sick though sick Eddy was usually adorable...Well, but Eddy is always adorable anyway. 

Brett shook his head to clear his thoughts. Thank god that Eddy could not see his silly face.

"Alright, now we are going to enter the concert hall. I am opening the door now and you just keep walking."

"Alright." 

Eddy felt Brett's warm hand on his waist, directing him to walk through the doorway. He did not realize how much he missed about Brett's touch until this moment. Eddy felt secure and comfort.

They had been having more physical interactions lately. Sometimes it was just a casual pat on the arm when greeting each other in class. Sometimes Brett rested his head on Eddy's shoulder when he watched Eddy editing their Gangnam Style video. But they never kissed or hugged again since that day.

They also started to spend more time together.

It was a random day that Brett decided to walk Eddy home, which had became a regular habit for them. Everything started with their long conversation about a rising Australian violinist who just won the First Prize of the Yehudi Menuhin Competition last May. 

"I really don't like how people criticize his dramatic facial expression. Like, com' on! Who cares about your face if you can play beautifully and perfectly in-tune?" Eddy rolled his eyes in frustration.

"Yeah. My teacher also asked me to 'fix' my deadpan face when I played. But what's the point of spending energy on controlling my face when that energy can also be spent on controlling my bow?"

"Exactly. Also, his Mendelssohn was so lively and I honestly think his face matched pretty well with his energy and passion that he had for that piece."

"I agree. Ray Chen is a great violinist by all means. I think some people in the music field are either too conservative or too bored."

"Or maybe they are just jealous." said Eddy."So many people roasted Yuja Wang for what she wore during performance. But hey, can you play Flight of the Bumble Bee or La Valse like that? If not, just shut up and go practice!"

Brett burst out laughing. "But you know what? Even Hilary Hahn got criticism about lacking emotions on her face. I guess it is just what comes with fame and popularity. You get more criticism when you become famous. And you just gonna learn how to recognize what is useful and what is rubbish." 

"True." Eddy nodded. "Because no one is perfect."

"Well, Janine Jansen is perfect." Brett exclaimed. "Too perfect. She is like my trrrrue lovvvve." He exaggerated his voice to make Eddy laugh. 

"Oof. I thought I was your true love." Eddy winked at Brett playfully.

"Wow, are you flirting with me right now? Mr. Flirty-Eddy?" Brett still blushed a bit while teasing Eddy. They stopped in front of Eddy's house and Eddy was surprised that Brett walked all the way to his house with him. 

Since then, Brett would walk Eddy home every night after class or practice as they both wanted to spend more time with each other.

"Alright. Are you ready for the concert, mate?" 

"Can't wait to see what you have cooked up for me, Bretty." Eddy giggled. 

TBC.