35.

6:56 pm

AT THE HOSPITAL

Mom: Hey sweetie....

Junmin: What did the doctor say?

Dad: I'm sorry cupcake. He said that it could take a long time until your leg has fully recovered. You can't walk so that means you won't be able to play basketball for a while.

Junmin: ....*cries*

Mom: *hugs* Don't cry sweetie. It won't be that long. Time flies by really fast.

Junmin: C-can I talk to my friends? *wipes tears*

Dad: Of course. They've been waiting outside. We'll leave you and your friends alone.

They walked away and her friends came in after.

Stella: Ju-

Heuningkai: Out of the way! Jun, oh my gosh! *hugs*

Junmin: K-kai- air

Heuningkai: Sorry

Stella: Does it still hurt?

Junmin: A little but it's better. Even tho I can't move my right leg at all.

Beomgyu: You fell really hard, Junmin-ah. You have to be careful next time.

Junmin: But...I didn't trip on my own. I felt something on my leg. Something like a wire.

Stella rubbs her chin.

Stella: I noticed...your fall didn't look very much like as if you tripped on your own leg.

Heuningkai: What does that mean?

Beomgyu: Someone did plan to trip Jun. So that they would lose the game.

Junmin: It was Narin.....she did it.

Heuningkai: Yoo Narin? But isn't she on our side?

Junmin: She didn't do it for us to lose. She did it so that I would hurt myself.

Stella: But why?

Junmin: *sigh* She was jealous. Because I was with Taehyun all the time. She did warn me to stay away from him but I didn't listen. And she got even more angry when I told her I like Taehyun.

Junmin came to realization and covered her mouth.

Beomgyu: You like Taehyun??!?!

Heuningkai: *gasp* Holy cheese.

Stella: I knew it!

Junmin: No! I mean yes! I mean- uhhh I don't. He umm- I- *sigh* I give up.

Junmin covered her face in embarrassment.

Beomgyu: Does he know?

Junmin: I don't want him to. I'm mad at that jerk.

Heuningkai: Oh yeah where was he today by the way?

Beomgyu: I couldn't reach him. He wasn't answering my calls.

Stella: He'll have to explain himself tomorrow.