Salvation #3

The thick, dark fog of unconsciousness clouds my mind. Pain crawls across my skull, digging it's razor claws through my flesh. My stinging eyes open slowly and a low groan rolls off of my lips.

Raw agony burns through my body, scratching at the bruises lining my limbs. Blood soaks through my shirt and trickles over my skin. It pools around my head and tangles through my dark hair.

My gaze breaks through the blurry world. Shadows leap around me and flash across the room. Beautifully dangerous dancers. Their movements are sharp and deadly.

A thin strip of light breaks in from beneath door perched above the narrow row of stairs. Darkness moulds around the light, concealing me in it's shadow.

An icy chill slices through my body. I'm lying limply on the concrete floor, bloodied and broken. The rope bites into my wrists, digging up flesh. The gag suffocates me and tears at the corners of my mouth.

Fear pulses through my vanes in a terrifying rush. Screams rise inside my throat and pour over my tongue. I trash against the hold of the ropes.

My muscles ache with every violent movement and my energy is drained through the cold floor. I struggle desperately and slam myself against the concrete.

Pain and exhaustion riddle my body like a foul disease. My ragged breathing rips at my lungs and tears sting my eyes. My screams fall into frightened whimpers and frail squeals.

Tears carve jagged trails down my pale cheeks. Dirt is mattered through my hair and smeared across my face. Heated agony wraps itself around me, threatening to drown me.

Bruises paint my body in dark shades of purple. The colours clash over my cold skin. Thin cuts cover my legs, strapped across the bruises.

The door cracks open, forcing the hinges to screech in rebellion. The light seers my eyes before snapping out and plunging me into darkness. Footsteps echo inside the small basement.

Trembling I try to crawl across the ground, slamming hopelessly against the concrete. "Shh," the man soothes, kneeling down beside me.

His fingers strangle the handle of a knife. The blade shines amongst the shadows. My heart slams against my chest and my lungs swell, both threatening to explode.

He strokes the side of my face with the back of his hand. Tears shred through my chest and run down my face. His hand ventures around the back of my neck, lifting my head.

I twist my shoulders and kick my legs weakly. Carefully he pulls the material off, freeing my mouth. I gasp for air and cry. A smirk slowly spreads across his face before he lies me back down.

A fragile whimper trickles through my throat and constricts around my lungs. He leans over me, breathing heavily against the side of my face. The rush of air is warm as it grazes my skin.

"Now I want to hear you scream," he whispers. A sob catches in the back of my throat. He shifts over me and slides the blade of the knife down the side of my neck. My pulse races against the icy blade.

It tears through my skin, drawing small beads of blood. Pain cracks through the fear. "Please," I choke. My shallow breaths strangle my lungs.

"I want to hear you scream," he repeats, smoothing the blade of the knife against my cheek.

"Oh God please," I beg. He digs the sharp edge deeper through my flesh. The small cut spreads across my cheek. Blood seeps from the wound.

"You're such a pretty girl," the man murmurs, twisting my auburn hair around his free hand. "My prize. My pretty prize." he winds my dark hair around his fingers.