Salvation #11

My limp body is strapped to a chair and it digs into my shoulder blades. The gag burrows into the corners of my mouth and tears sting my eyes.

A group of five men cluster around the room. My captor wanders around me in tight circles, twirling my auburn hair around his fingers.

My glassy eyes stare at Nate and Cristina standing quietly across the bare room. Cooper huddles against Nate and stares coldly at the men. A low growl rolls through his throat and fills the air.

"Is she a virgin?" one of the men ask. My kidnapper nods, stroking the side of my neck. A soft whimper is muffled by the thick material choking me. His fingers venture along my collar bone.

One of the other men drag a chair over to me. He sits in front of me and leans forward. His hazel eyes study me like I'm an exotic creature. His knees brush mine lightly.

Desperately I try to pull away from him. The chair rocks onto it's back legs. My captor roughly shoves it against the floor, throwing me forward against the hold of the handcuffs. Violently he rips the gag off.

I manage a frail scream and thrash fiercely. Tears stream down my cheeks and my screams echo inside the room. "Quiet!" my captor snaps. He slaps me across the face, sending pain shooting across my cheek.

"

Papá!" Cristina scolds. Her wide, brown eyes dart between my captor and I. The colour in her olive skin drains away. "Calma!" the man who handcuffed me yells at her. She clamps her mouth shut and hovers close to her brother.

The hazel eyed man glances over his shoulder at them before turning his attention back to me. "Now what did you do?" he asks. His voice is calm and he wears a thick mask of composure. "Answer him!" the other man shouts.

"Come on my pretty girl," my captor sighs.

"I-I...please. Please don't," I sob.

"Just answer the question!" the man who handcuffed me barks.

"Calm down Joseph," the hazel eyed man breathes. He stares at me with a strange intensity, "Now darlin' what did you do?"

Sobbing I shake my head and try to form words. "Adam she doesn't know," Nate says quietly.

"Yes she does," my captor murmurs. He slides a knife out from beneath his heavy jacket. Gently he presses it against the side of my neck. The cold blade pierces my bruised skin and blood slowly oozes over my shoulder.

"Please. Oh God please," I choke.

"

Stop it," Nate's dark eyes turn cold and stormy. I can taste my fear in my ragged breath. "Well Nataneal do you have a better method?" my captor asks, raising an eyebrow.

"She doesn't know," Nate mutters bitterly.

"We'll see about that," he mumbles.

He taps the silvery blade against my cheek, smearing blood through my tears. "Please," I whimper.

"You know you've sinned," he whispers. His breath is warm against the side of my neck, curling around my jaw. "Please," I choke, "Oh God."

"Stop it!" Nate shouts. The eyes of the five men lock on him. He freezes and glances at Cristina. "It's not going to work if you do that. You know what she did anyway," he says.

"I want to hear her say it," my captor murmurs.

"You're just scaring her," Nate sighs.

"Well then Nate you do it," a stranger mumbles.