A Lost Friend

I started looking more in depth about apartments that summer. Maybe I can get a room mate. But who? I haven't spoken to anyone in forever. Mae maybe... Laura won't be able to, her mom wouldn't let her. Brad is still too young. Probably getting housing too. Let's text Mae. Maybe she's willing. I can't lead with that though. I thought on it for a minute before typing out. Hey what's up? Haven't heard from you in a minute. And sending it.

Not much what's up with you? She replied not long after.

After a few general messages and a lunch date I got down to brass tacks. I keep having this issue where I don't want to live at Steven and Dawns over the summer, or live in my dorm at all, but I have nowhere else to go

Saaaaaammmeee.

Like it's actually a problem man. I wish I had the cash to get a place of my own. I complained.

Me too. I've been looking into a few different options, they're all waaay out of my price range.

Dude same. Which ones did you look into?

Just a few in the immediate area. The rent for a one person one is like 700 minimum around here.

Yeah, rich people area...

Ironically getting a two person one is about the same amount so..

Maybe we could throw in on one together. I mean I know you're not a serial killer, as far as you know I'm not either. And I mean I'd keep it that way. I joked. If she says no I'll just be like 'lol kidding I really am a serial killer you wouldn't want to live with me anyway' and leave it at that. I figured sending the message.

I mean, I'm not opposed to that idea. Maybe we should look into it.

Yeah I think it could be good. I mean if we end up actually hating each other I can just spend more time at Austins or something. I suggested a way out. Just in case.

I feel like there's no way I could end up hating you. But ok.

Eh, I thought that about Erica for a while.

Yeah....

Anyway, when would you be free to check some out?

You free Saturday?

Yeah.

Sweet, let's start looking around a bit and then when we meet up Saturday we can pick from the ones we checked out.

Yeah, we definitely want something in the area, that's for sure. I'm working in White Lake right now so maybe Waterford?

Sure, I'm actually working at a burger place in Auburn Hills, so.

So that'll be a bit further from Clarkston to there, but I think it's a nice middle ground.

Yeah, we'll have to check out how close it is on the GPS when we check them out.

I agree. Alright, I have a class, let's talk more about this on Saturday.

Alright talk to you later.

So that Saturday she came to pick me up at Austin's house.

"What's this? Is this new?" I smiled checking out her car. I was used to the old rusting out green monstrosity she had been driving through high school.