Chapter Thirteen: Rotten Insides

He stared at the men in front of him, lip curled up in disgust. They smelled horrendous and looked even worse, greasy hair plastered to their foreheads and filthy clothes stained with God knows what. Had he not been so desperate he would have told Brody to find him better men.

"James here did time for raping a woman at knifepoint and bashing the bitch's head in when she tried to run. All he wants is a round with Logan and to stay here with us for a while," Brody said gleefully, pointing to a scrawny man with a patchy beard. His teeth were stained yellow and crooked when he smiled at Kyle.

"And him?" Kyle questioned, nodding his head towards a massive man that had a scowl on his face and quite a few interesting scars. He would be perfect for intimidating Logan once they finally got their plan to get Rori back underway.

"Razor. Doesn't talk much, but he was a member of Demon Ink for a few years so he has no issue getting down and dirty if the need arises. He just wants a place to lay low for a while, says he's in some shit with his club buddies."

Kyle nodded his head and scratched his jaw, looking at the remaining man. He was small, standing at three inches shorter than Kyle's 5'9 height. His arms were lined with track marks and his eyes were dull, the green color hazy from all the drugs that were no doubt in his system.

Brody followed his gaze and shrugged his shoulders, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Bailey, did time for possession and intent to distribute. Hell of a sniper if you can get his ass sober enough to hold a gun. He wants in on Logan."

Kyle fished around in his pocket and pulled out his pack of cigarettes, putting on between his lips and lighting it up. It was one of the few pleasures he had left in this hell hole since the heat didn't work and their "beds" consisted of ratty old blankets piled together on the floor. He drew the smoke in his lungs and let it out slowly, the smoke curling around his face.

"Welcome to the team. We're getting my daughter back into my arms, but first we need money. Lots of it. I'll leave that up to Razor and James. Once that's done, we go pay my ex a little visit and have some fun."