Epilogue

One Year Later
Logan stared at the pregnancy test in her hands, the bright plus sign looking back at her. She jumped when the alarm on her phone went off, scrambling for the digital test she had taken that would tell her how far along she was.

"Well?" Stanford asked, standing in the doorway of the bathroom with Rori on his hip. "What does it say?"

"Ten to twelve weeks," Logan laughed, holding out the test for Stanford to take and look at. He set Rori on the ground and held the test delicately between two fingers, his other hand coming up to scratch his jaw.

Logan bent down to pick Rori up when she held her arms out, settling her on one hip before slipping her own hand underneath her shirt and rubbing circles against her stomach.

Stanford had been hinting at her to take a test for the last few weeks, ever since they had officially moved back in with him. She kept waving him off, she had only been off of her birth control for about two months and her doctor had warned her it would take a while to get pregnant since the medication had to work it's way out of her body. She had finally relented when the smell of her coffee had her bolting towards the bathroom that morning, sending him to the store for the two tests.

"So that means it would have been around Rori's birthday party, right?" Stanford asked, still staring at the test with a small smile on his face.

"There about, yeah. Possibly a few weeks before," Logan confirmed, moving her hand away from her stomach to rub it against Rori's back.

"I'm gonna be a big sister?" Rori whispered against Logan's neck, letting out an excited squeal when Logan nodded her head.

"Are we telling anybody just yet? Can I call my mom and let her know?" Stanford asked, and she knew full well that he meant Ruby.

It had taken months of therapy after learning his birth mother had taken a life insurance policy out on him and had planned on killing him for him to stop calling Shelia his mother. Ruby had broken down in tears when he presented her with adoption papers, had signed them before Stanford could even get his reasoning out of his mouth. She had been furious when she learned what Shelia had done and it was a miracle that she didn't get herself put in prison just so she could kill the woman that had tried to hurt her son.

"I think we should tell our parents but I kind of want to wait to tell everyone else. I'd like to go get an ultrasound done to make sure nothing is wrong before we spill the beans," Logan admitted, pressing a kiss to Rori's head before setting her down on the bathroom floor.

She knew that her father would be ecstatic, and that Ruby would probably cry. They had seen first hand what a good father Stanford was and there was no doubt in her mind that they would be supportive.

"We should get married. That way I can adopt Rori and we won't have to worry about any paperwork for when the baby is born," Stanford said excitedly, bouncing in place like an overly energetic puppy and making Logan laugh.

"I think your daddy just asked me to marry him," Logan whispered to Rori, standing up from her squat while Rori scrambled to stand up on the floor. "Let's do a courthouse wedding. Next week. Everyone can come to be the witnesses, and we can announce the baby when we come back home to eat and hang out. We can kill two birds with one stone."

Stanford set the pregnancy test he was holding down on the sink and pulled Logan to his chest, wrapping his arms around her shoulders while hers went around his waist. She shuffled back enough that Rori could fit between their bodies when she started to worm her way in, holding onto both of their legs and grinning up at them when they looked down at her.

"We're gonna be such a great family," Stanford whispered, pressing a kiss to Logan's temple before letting her go and scooping Rori up in his arms.

Logan shook her head fondly as she watched him dance their daughter out of the bathroom, twirling down the hallway to a song only he could hear. She knew he was going to call Ruby as soon as he made it back into the kitchen, a milestone that he never thought he would get because of his past.

"That man," Logan muttered to herself, picking up the pregnancy tests from the sink and shoving her phone into the pocket of her hoodie. She could hear the excited buzz of Stanford's voice coming from the kitchen and leaned against the doorway, basking in the knowledge that he was finally at a point in his life where he could be happy. Where he didn't think he was a monster anymore. Where he knew he was worthy of the love that she and Rori showered him with. Now all she had to do was make sure he survived the newborn stage when their baby finally popped out and life would be perfect.