Chapter 14

Elijah's breath caught at Katherine's words. "I always hated being called Your Grace." He leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Yet, I find myself liking the way it sounds on your lips."

She gave him a sultry smile and he couldn't believe how lucky he was. She was finally here with him, and it felt right. He didn't want to think about anything else but her. Didn't want to think about being the Duke of Kent, he didn't want to think about his upcoming wedding, and he did not want to think about the rest of his life without her.

Needing to feel more of her, he stripped her up her nightgown and started kissing her mouth, then her neck, and before he knew it he was covering her breast with his hand. He never felt anything like this in his life. He never thought he would meet someone that took over his mind, body, and heart.

"I don't think I can ever stop touching you," he said against her skin.

Katherine giggled and he cherished the sound. "I feel you have too much clothes on," she said in a whisper.

He knew what she was asking, and he couldn't let it go that far. Not unless he was sure he was going to be with her forever. In an attempt to distract her, he kissed his way down her body until he got where he wanted most.

He groaned when he took her into his mouth. She was utterly exquisite

"Elijah..." she moaned as she buried her hand in his hair and arched into him.

After the hours spent learning her body in the cabin, he knew just how she liked to be touched. It didn't take long before she was coming apart from the pleasure he gave her. Elijah looked up at her as he laid down beside her.

Katherine turned towards him with hooded eyes. She traced her finger down his chest to the top of his pants. "You're still wearing too many clothes."

"Katherine..." He was going to tell her why this wasn't a good idea, but she had reached out and put her hand against his hard length.

"You were saying?"

She pressed her lips against his and he groaned into her mouth. He was lost to her and he knew it. If he was being honest, he knew he wouldn't be able to say no to her again.

She pulled back with a smile as she continued to move her hand against him. "Now, remove your pants, Your Grace."

Elijah couldn't hold back the smile that formed. "Is that an order, Kitten?"

"Yes," she breathed against his lips.

"Well then," he said before he deepened the kiss, "I must oblige you, milady."

Elijah got off the bed and removed his pants. He watched as Katherine took in the sight of him, her eyes pausing on the hardest part of his body. The way she looks at me, he thought. It was going to be his undoing. He climbed back in the bed and positioned himself between her legs, hovering over her.

"Are you sure about this? Once it's done..."

"I love you, Elijah. Make me yours."

He closed his eyes at her proclamation of love. He never thought he would hear that from someone who didn't want him for his title. He looked down at her and he could see her inner turmoil. She wanted this, yes. But she was scared. She knew that they didn't have a chance at the future either of them wanted.

With her words echoing in his mind, he slid himself inside her entrance in a deep, smooth stroke. "You are mine."

Elijah was all the way inside her and he hesitated when she winced from the pain. "I'm sorry it hurts, Kitten."