Tweleve

———-

I went into the ring store. Theo was at his interview, and I was praying he got the job.

But I was determined to replace the nut on his finger with a shiny diamond ring.

"Hello, How can I help you?" The lady behind the desk said.

"Oh, I'm looking for a wedding ring." I said, smiling to myself, as that sentence left my mouth.

"Aw, alright. What does she like? Personally I like the princess diamonds but I-"

"He, actually," I smiled.

She turned red.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! What does he like?" She asked, getting a book out from her desk.

"I - uhm- I'm really not su-" I spoke, looking around the room, until my eyes landed on the most perfect ring I've ever seen

It was golden, just like him. But the diamond itself was stunning.

It was white , and rose gold on the inside, swirling together towards each-other, just like the sunset on the day I proposed.

It was perfect. It was almost like I could see the reflection of his smile in it already.

"Did something happen to catch your eye?" The lady said, and when I looked up at her, she had a knowing smirk.

"Yes ma'am, this one right here," I said, pointing at it through the glass. She smiled and opened the glass pane door, and reached for the ring and set it out in front of me.

"It's a gorgeous one, I must say, here let me get the matching one with it." She said, as she turned around to get the other one.

She placed it down in front of me.

"This- this is perfect. I don't even need to see any of the others. I need this one." I said. She nodded, and picked up a box with the labeling of 'opal wedding band + ring" on it, and read me the price.

And I have to admit it was definitely expensive, but I'd do anything for him.

I took out my wallet and handed her the cash, and she placed them in a velvet box, and handed it to me.

"Sir, If I may ask-" she started, and I looked at her

"Yes?" I answered.

"When are you going to marry him? Because it's not legal here yet-" she said

And I knew. But I figured I'd give him the ring, and as soon as I was able to

I'd marry him
Just as I asked him

"I'm going to as soon as I can." I said, and finished with a smile, as I headed out of the jewelry store.

————
I got home, and their was already there. Thanks to traffic.

He had an angry look on his face. His arms were crossed. I was staring to get a flash back from meradith.

Except it wasn't like that this time. This time I hadn't done anything wrong.

"Hey baby," I said, shutting the door softly behind me.

"Max, it's six o'clock, just where were you?" He asked, and accusing tone.

"At the jewelry store." I said plainly, shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah? For two hours?" He said, looking at me sternly.

I nodded.
"Well yeah, I had to make sure the ring I got you was the best." I said, and watched his frown turn into a smile.

"I- you got me a ring? A real ring! Let me see it let me see it!" He yelled, starting to dance around me in circles happily.

I laughed and got the ring out of the box.
I took it out and he held out his hand, the nut still on his finger.

He had worn it all day.

I smiled, and began to slip the nut of of his finger, but then stopped.

"Close your eyes," I said, and he blushed, smiling from ear to ear as he slowly closed his eyes.

I then slipped the nut completely off of his finger, and replaced it with the wedding ring.

"Open," I said , smiling, and my heart pounding out of my chest. Please like it.

He opened his eyes, and looked down.

"Oh," he said , fondly admiring the ring, and a tear slipped from his eye.

"Do you like it?" I said, starting to get tears in my own eyes.

"Maximus- I love it." He said and looked up at me.

We locked eyes for a moment, and then his placed his lips onto mine.

I know I've said it a few times before

But god, with him everything makes sense.

——-

Not done yet hold onto your horses, but I'll probably post this along with the rest of the chapters

Original written date: January 2nd, 2020