As The Years Passed

Fifteen years have gone by, Johanna was raised by my father, she became a sister to me. She doesn't know about her real father yet. I still don't know what happened between him and my father. And Mrs. Barker, she disappeared after all this happened, rumor has it she killed herself with poison. That's what my friend and boss Mrs. Lovett says. I work in her pie shop, and I still paint. I make better money selling my artwork. After the incident, I was given back the painting I made of Johanna as a baby. I keep it safe. I'm now an adult, about twenty-five.

I got to work in the pie shop. Evening time came, we don't get many customers but we manage, I help Mrs. Lovett with my art money. But she says she doesn't need charity. We were minding our own business when a man walked in.

This man had black hair with a silver strand on his right. His face was pale as a ghost.

"Mrs. Lovett's the name, the owner of this shop. This is my trusty assistant Savannah."

"How'd you do sir?" I greeted him.

He nodded and grunted.

"Sir, you want some more pie?" I asked.

"No," he said to me.

"You looked a bit confused as you walked in. Are you lost?"

"Is this Fleet Street?"

"Yes sir?"

"Then no. I'm looking for a place to rest, it's getting dark out."

"Mrs. Lovett has a spare room upstairs, Mrs. Lovett, would you be so kind-"

"Of course, Savannah, go on home, I'll show this man to his room," she said.

"Good night Mrs. Lovett."

"Night darling."

I turned to the man.

"Good night Mr..."

"Todd, Sweeney Todd."

"Good night Mr. Todd, I'm Savannah Turpin."

He then gave me the strangest look, like I was familiar to him. I saw darkness in his brown eyes.

"Yes, that's the daughter of Judge Turpin, lovely young girl, known for...other than her father, her paintings."

"I would like to see some of your work Miss. Turpin. We'll meet again, good night."

I left, he knows who I am. I don't really recognize anything about Mr. Todd. I just went to my flat and left it at that.