Chapter 15 - Library Boy

A/N - Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your continued support. You are awesome! That's why I decided to post the next chapter already. Let's see what Lily's excursion to the school library brings to light...

It takes me some time to find the school's library, although they gave us a tour of the whole compound on the first day. As my troubles yesterday at the festival proved quite clearly, I have never been any good with directions. Eventually, I ask some students if they can point me in the right direction and it turns out that the library is in the other building – the high school one. I pray that I won't bump into any of my brothers and, luckily, I don't.

To say I am impressed when I finally reach my destination, is putting it mildly. The library is massive! It certainly is the biggest library I have ever been to. Which is not saying much, since the only one I have known so far was the rather small library at our middle school.

I love books, and being in a room that is filled with them from top to bottom is a great feeling. Ben has once been to the library of congress in Washington D.C. and when I was little and still allowed him to read to me before I went to sleep, I would often ask him to tell me about his visit there. He has promised to take me there one day, too.

Since this is my first time in here, I have no clue where to even start looking for the yearbooks. The clock tells me that I have about thirty minutes until I have to find my way back in time for my afternoon classes.

Looking around, I try to find the librarian or someone else who works here. There is a desk to the left of the double doors I just came through. It looks empty, but I still walk over there. Maybe the person manning it just had to step away for a minute.

I play with the strap of my school bag as I leisurely stride over towards the desk.

"What do you want? I'm busy," a voice growls, making me jump and look up.

I find a blonde boy sitting behind the desk. He is almost completely hidden by the two big computer monitors. That is probably why I didn't see him there in the first place. He hangs almost vertically in the office chair, with his feet up on the desk and his eyes glued to the phone in his hand. I wonder how he even noticed me walking up to him.

"Can you tell me...," I start.

"What about me telling you just now that I am busy did you not understand?" he replies rudely, still not taking his eyes off his phone.

I raise onto my tip toes to get a better look and find him playing some game.

Busy, all right.

"Where can I find the yearbooks?" I ask, not letting his gruff attitude throw me off.

"Do I look like a care?"

"You work here, so you should."

He snorts at that.

Looks like somebody is even more irritable than me today.

"Please?"

Obviously, he has not expected that, because at my polite plead, he finally lifts his head to look up. His lips immediately form into a smirk when he sees me.

"Hey there, gorgeous," he says, sounding...flirty?

"Umm...hi," I reply slightly confused.

How he went from being abrasive to the total opposite is actually quite impressive. I study him for a moment, musing about his strange mood swings. He seems to be around my age. I have never seen him before, so maybe he is a year above me.

"What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Well, it's certainly not sweetheart," I snap at him.

Although they look nothing alike, he kind of reminds me of Aidan and my automatically harsh reaction must be due to years of practice in battling it out with my brother.